Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I want to know why every tough guy that comes here is neutered instantly and becomes soft.

Team is getting bullied and Frederic, peeke, maroon etc are just non existent or face washing someone after a play and moving on

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They keep relying on 30+ year old guys to play that role, I bet they are worn down come playoff time

Where is Frederic, where was peeke last night?

But I do agree they need a bruiser that’s not on the back end of their career. They need someone in the top 6 who sets the tone and backs it up with scoring

Reactions: BBruins and sarge88

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
I want to know why every tough guy that comes here is neutered instantly and becomes soft.

Team is getting bullied and Frederic, peeke, maroon etc are just non existent or face washing someone after a play and moving on
Speed and skill, skate your lane, don't take a penalty, settle it on the scoreboard, let the league handle it, etc etc. They chose this in 2019 when they pushed Chara out the door and said as much at the time. Since then they've lost to every team with an ounce of toughness. This is what their entire brain trust wanted, they got it. It'll never change until they clean house.

At the end of the day the playoffs are a street fight, always have been, always will be.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I remember the board's majority opinion being conference finals or bust way back in October.

That actually happened and I'm totally not making up some stupid, reactionary lie because I woke up pissed off.

• Haha
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Where is Frederic, where was peeke last night?

But I do agree they need a bruiser that’s not on the back end of their career. They need someone in the top 6 who sets the tone and backs it up with scoring
You can ask all you want where this guy is and that guy but all I heard has been JVR, Brazeau, Maroon, and others are all so great in front of the net well that is all well in good but to be honest we will not see that until they shoot the freakn puck. I am sorry but Monty's decision making leaves a lot to be desired, Lauko has been a healthy scratch but last night he got in and showed what they have been lacking drive to the net, fore check shoot the puck some energy, but for some reason he is always a healthy scratch. I agree with the talk about Mc Avoy , and I am not making excuses for him this whole team does seem to have much chemistry on ice they are constantly playing with different line mates, and I think especially on defense there is no feel for each other. I am so disgusted, last night I didn't care who they traded offseason to make this team better. I would also think Sweeney, Monty should be looking for employment elsewhere , I am really pissed and if it is Sweeney he needs grow a pair and make some bold moves, stop this sentimental bullshit, and we have a great group of and a great room, stop this nicey , nicey bullshit get some assholes that can play. I thought the originally hit on Marchand was clean, but after looking at it again not so much looks like a punch but his history is against him, Lauko's penalty was a disgrace but Monty seems to shrug it off , Milbury and Sinden whom I am no fan of either would have gone berserk, Monty shrugs his shoulders and moves on . Time for to decide what we want from this team, long over due.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta Make the playoffs

Detroit has missed 8 years in a row haven’t won a series in 12

Buffalo 14 seasons ?

Ottawa ?

Hello Leafs

Devils ?
Carolina last 13 years- trash
Rangers before they miraculously came from teens to 1&2 back to back years missed 6 consecutive I believe

Florida was trash enough to have multiple top 5 picks

Some Bruins fans seem to think they are guaranteed a spot

They are good enough right now to get 100-110 points next season.

So with that premise I want to see

1. Zacha at LW - great shot, creative - get him on the wing opposite Pastrnak

2. Merkulov - saw him 5 times at Providence (usually go more so it’s a small sample ) but he’s smart and crafty- 30 goals and high end brain

Stick him in there between 18 & 88

3. Fan of Poitras but I’d like to see him unless he blows away preseason to get a month of AHL life and games

Reactions: shelbysdad

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Gotta Make the playoffs

Buffalo 14 seasons ?

Ottawa ?

Hello Leafs

Devils ?
Rangers before they miraculously came from teens to 1&2 back to back years missed 6 consecutive I believe

2. Merkulov - saw him 5 times at Providence (usually go more so it’s a small sample ) but he’s smart and crafty- 30 goals and high end brain

3. Fan of Poitras but I’d like to see him unless he blows away preseason to get a month of AHL life and games
Merkulov cant win a draw in the nhl rn - he needs to be broken in on the wing in the middle 6

Poitras was good for us this season and easily our third best center - hes an nhl-er lets not over think it. him being a year older is only going to make him better

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Gotta Make the playoffs

Buffalo 14 seasons ?

Ottawa ?

Hello Leafs

Devils ?

I’m not sold on merk. I’m sure all these suggestions are feasible but I wouldn’t be handing Merkulov any roster spots. Poitras looked better to me. I’m expecting poitras to take another step. They might also add a free agent come summer time which could dramatically change things.

There are some interesting players coming into free agency this year.

Attachments

• F4D6BCF6-DA54-470E-B237-EB5C1D7097C4.jpeg
    F4D6BCF6-DA54-470E-B237-EB5C1D7097C4.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 3DEF705F-7F87-4D89-9792-57B88971E17F.jpeg
    3DEF705F-7F87-4D89-9792-57B88971E17F.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: dangermike

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Speed and skill, skate your lane, don't take a penalty, settle it on the scoreboard, let the league handle it, etc etc. They chose this in 2019 when they pushed Chara out the door and said as much at the time. Since then they've lost to every team with an ounce of toughness. This is what their entire brain trust wanted, they got it. It'll never change until they clean house.

At the end of the day the playoffs are a street fight, always have been, always will be.

Unfortunately this is my fear. Considering the Bruins fraternity of brothers in the front office I doubt we will see a true shake up for a long time

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think it’s a pretty good bet that the Bruins land Zadorov with a head scratching contract after watching these playoffs

There are certain needs that I don’t mind overpaying for.

Not in a ludicrous way, but still more than most would.

IMO you just need a nasty guy in your top 6, unless you’re lucky enough to have 2/3 guys slotted lower than their talent level.

(See TB 2018-2022)

If your second pair would be a first pair on 80% of most teams in the league and they are moderately tough, maybe you don’t need a Zadorov or Gudas….but this team does, IMO.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Even if the bruins go out and get a # 2 LHD for around 5 Million the defense will have a cap hit of about 30 Million. With Lindholm and McAvoy 16 Million in cap space tied up for the next 3 years with NMC.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I think the front office has been realizing the need for grit throughout the lineup. Signed lucic, called up Brazzeau out of nowhere, traded for Maroon and Peeke, grabbed Geekie (who can hit when inclined)..

Obviously adding a center/more skill to top 6 is a big priority, but adding a middle 6 guy who hits to hurt should be on their list too. Hard to do it all, they've got their work cut out this summer. But they have a great baseline with a lot of young players

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Even if the bruins go out and get a # 2 LHD for around 5 Million the defense will have a cap hit of about 30 Million. With Lindholm and McAvoy 16 Million in cap space tied up for the next 3 years with NMC.

I’d rather a $5m defenseman than a $5m healthy scratch goalie. No knock on Ullmark just the nature of having two #1 goalies

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Maxim Tsylakov is still available, then go after him.

I am fine with this, but wouldn't expect him to come here and be a savior. It took until his age 25 season for him to do much of anything in the KHL. If the scouts like him, and Bruins sign him, I'll be happy, but expect a 3rd liner at best

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad