Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Montour sticking tongue out mocking Marchand fk that guy
[/QUOTE]

Going to need a trade where you take a risk. Something like McAvoy for Marino and Mercer.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Going to need a trade where you take a risk. Something like McAvoy for Marino and Mercer.
[/QUOTE]

MacAvoy getting traded is about as real as a unicorn.

capecodder

Jan 16, 2020
I know quite a few are pissed at him but after firing Sweeney I'd get Looch back here pronto if his head is on right. Keep Pasta and one of the goalies then start trading, cutting everyone else. Give Marchy some options if he wants to stay or not.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

MacAvoy getting traded is about as real as a unicorn.
[/QUOTE]
Lol, Matt Tkachuk was traded, your funny.

If you wanted to really, really lose the trade and make the team way worse (maybe it’s some sort of secret contest or something) you could make a trade like that.
Ok
What happened to your sweep GIF...LOL.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
The first order of business--before the draft--is to trade Ullmark, Coyle, and Zacha, and then sign or acquire 2 new centers for the first two lines. I would go for Lindholm and Monahan first. They could also get a center for Ullmark, but we'll see what he brings.

They need a LD to pair with McAvoy. I admit that I'm heartbroken that Hanifin is off the market. Maybe Zadorov, but there aren't a lot of great options. I suppose they could sign a short-deal with an older UFA, in order to buy time for Lohrei to further develop. I'm not comfortable with him on the first pair.

I'm not adverse to re-signing Nosek, who is excellent at the PK and on draws. Our face-off performance has been no less than dreadful this entire season, and it's got to change. Derek Sanderson, who was great on face-offs, once said, "If you control the face-off, you control the puck; if you control the puck, you control the game." Lindholm is great on the draw.

I would re-sign UFAs Jake and Heinen. I would let Looch, Griz, Forbert, and Shattenkirk walk. I'm undecided about Maroon and JVR. Swayman, Boqvist, and Lauko are RFAs, and I would re-sign them.

I'm not against starting Lohrei, Potras, and Lysell in Providence next season, and then bringing one or more up after the season starts and injuries happen. Lohrei makes too many mistakes, and Potras needs to get much stronger; maybe he can do in the off season.
Lol, I think you have misspelled McAvoy twice in that last paragraph.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I know quite a few are pissed at him but after firing Sweeney I'd get Looch back here pronto if his head is on right. Keep Pasta and one of the goalies then start trading, cutting everyone else. Give Marchy some options if he wants to stay or not.

I expect a very disappointing offseason for you. I can't imagine Sweeney being fired, and I don't think most of the roster will be traded or released.

And least likely of all is Lucic coming back

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Montour sticking tongue out mocking Marchand fk that guy

[/QUOTE]
Yea I think Lohrei is future on Bruins backend so I am fine with them moving out from his contract .He is leading playoffs in turnovers and that is just unacceptable making what he is making .That said it better be a haul,not what u suggested.

Reactions: Bodit9

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Thank god we picked the guy who can’t clear his own zone vs the guy who has 4 goals in the playoffs
Surely it had everything to do with having not enough cap space for Zadorov, unless you wanted to also pay to give up a guy like Forbort on top of it.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You’re seeing a fantastic player have a rough go of it and trading him for Dawson Mercer.
I would not do that trade but if the package was right I would definitely consider getting out of that contract. Lohrei is the future on Bruins backend and I don't think paying a guy 9.5 million to be 2nd fiddle is smart. This guy has 16 turnovers in 10 games so that's more then a bad run ,that's not doing the job.I really like Chuck too but can't condone this for that price. Sure hope he figures it out & fast .

Reactions: BBruins

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I expect a very disappointing offseason for you. I can't imagine Sweeney being fired, and I don't think most of the roster will be traded or released.

And least likely of all is Lucic coming back
This is correct.That said I hope they don't waste cap just for sake of adding.It has to be difference making help if they are spending or find a trade partner type thing.They need sandpaper and centres good in dot with skill.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yea I think Lohrei is future on Bruins backend so I am fine with them moving out from his contract .He is leading playoffs in turnovers and that is just unacceptable making what he is making .That said it better be a haul,not what u suggested.
[/QUOTE]

Point is you need to look at it seriously. Fine I'm not married to anything right now.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Point is you need to look at it seriously. Fine I'm not married to anything right now.
[/QUOTE]

If they lose this series….and the results of consecutive historic and very strong regular seasons is a round one collapse and a second round loss to the same team, everything needs to be considered.

Including, Neely, Sweeney, Monty, and every player, aside from Pasta and Swayman, IMO.

I’m not giving up yet because either or Ullmark can do what Swayman did vs. Toronto and,the law of averages says that at some point Florida can’t keep getting every. single. call.

But, absent that, big changes need to happen.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I don't see why Lucic would want to be back with the team that treated him unfairly and refused to allow him to play in the playoffs after it was proven he was as clean as a whistle.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I don't see why Lucic would want to be back with the team that treated him unfairly and refused to allow him to play in the playoffs after it was proven he was as clean as a whistle.

Possibly because youare 100% wrong.
The team has no say as long as he remains in the Player Assistance Program. Once the program is satisfied then its up to league office. Then and only then do the Bruins have a say.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Surely it had everything to do with having not enough cap space for Zadorov, unless you wanted to also pay to give up a guy like Forbort on top of it.
They ended up putting Forbort on IR, So
I would want a lot more than that for McAvoy.
[/QUOTE]
By the time the PO are over you might not get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad