Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm ready to move on from McAvoy before his NMC kicks in on July 1.
Come on man you’re better than this

I agree there is so much the Bruins could do with 9.5 M. From signing a Montour and Trenin or Guentzel and Pesce. Endless opportunities
Dude come on man. 4 nickels isn’t better than a quarter. Especially when you can’t just decide to sign someone. It’s not EA Franchise mode

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Zadorov (that guy who sucks and should never be a Bruin) just scored his 4th goal of the playoffs.

Same as our entire defense combined.

Plus, he’s knocking guys all over the ice.
DE60C7EB-49D9-44CF-9B39-C2EC5BA11886.gif

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Zadorov is an amazing D right now. I’ve watched the Bruins these playoffs and the Canucks (was at the 4-1 comeback) and he’s easily the 2nd best D behind Hughes between both lineups. Thrid is either Carlo or Hronek. If you add in their opponents, Bouchard and Josi push Carlo to 5-6th best. Bruins D have not been good at all, especially the two who make the most.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
No I'm not but I don't see a way to trade him and get better.

Who? McAvoy? I see one, Brady Tkachuk one for one. Begin to change and rebuild / maintain the culture in Boston. But I only move an elite guy like McAvoy for a guy like Brady. 1 for 1 type of deals that shake up this core and give Pastrnak a partner for the next decade.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
He leads all players with 16 give aways .Not sure what's going on but he is better then that .Very frustrating watching him with what he makes.
If it's a broken hand or wrist or something then free pass but this is real bad.
Who? McAvoy? I see one, Brady Tkachuk one for one. Begin to change and rebuild / maintain the culture in Boston. But I only move an elite guy like McAvoy for a guy like Brady. 1 for 1 type of deals that shake up this core and give Pastrnak a partner for the next decade.
I don't think Ottawa does it and I don't think the Bruins have the balls. But then where do you get another defenseman? Myers sucks and Zadorov is dumb as rocks. Montour might've been an option but I hate that prick now.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
If it's a broken hand or wrist or something then free pass but this is real bad.

I don't think Ottawa does it and I don't think the Bruins have the balls. But then where do you get another defenseman? Myers sucks and Zadorov is dumb as rocks. Montour might've been an option but I hate that prick now.

Montour is outplaying McAvoy for the second year in a row substantially. If it's not an injury it's a concern as it's been since 2019 that McAvoy has been effective in the playoffs as a top pairing top 10 D.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Big Zed is going to get paid.

If you could sign him and move McAvoy for Brady Tkachuk I’d think long and hard about that. That hole in the middle has only continued to get worse each year and hoping Poitras is the answer is like hoping Coyle or Zacha is the answer.
What about McAvoy and Zacha to the Sens for Tkachuk and Chychrun?

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
The first order of business--before the draft--is to trade Ullmark, Coyle, and Zacha, and then sign or acquire 2 new centers for the first two lines. I would go for Lindholm and Monahan first. They could also get a center for Ullmark, but we'll see what he brings.

They need a LD to pair with McAvoy. I admit that I'm heartbroken that Hanifin is off the market. Maybe Zadorov, but there aren't a lot of great options. I suppose they could sign a short-deal with an older UFA, in order to buy time for Lohrei to further develop. I'm not comfortable with him on the first pair.

I'm not adverse to re-signing Nosek, who is excellent at the PK and on draws. Our face-off performance has been no less than dreadful this entire season, and it's got to change. Derek Sanderson, who was great on face-offs, once said, "If you control the face-off, you control the puck; if you control the puck, you control the game." Lindholm is great on the draw.

I would re-sign UFAs Jake and Heinen. I would let Looch, Griz, Forbert, and Shattenkirk walk. I'm undecided about Maroon and JVR. Swayman, Boqvist, and Lauko are RFAs, and I would re-sign them.

I'm not against starting Lohrei, Potras, and Lysell in Providence next season, and then bringing one or more up after the season starts and injuries happen. Lohrei makes too many mistakes, and Potras needs to get much stronger; maybe he can do in the off season.

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The first order of business--before the draft--is to trade Ullmark, Coyle, and Zacha, and then sign or acquire 2 new centers for the first two lines. I would go for Lindholm and Monahan first. They could also get a center for Ullmark, but we'll see what he brings.

They need a LD to pair with McAvoy. I admit that I'm heartbroken that Hanifin is off the market. Maybe Zadorov, but there aren't a lot of great options. I suppose they could sign a short-deal with an older UFA, in order to buy time for Lohrei to further develop. I'm not comfortable with him on the first pair.

I'm not adverse to re-signing Nosek, who is excellent at the PK and on draws. Our face-off performance has been no less than dreadful this entire season, and it's got to change. Derek Sanderson, who was great on face-offs, once said, "If you control the face-off, you control the puck; if you control the puck, you control the game." Lindholm is great on the draw.

I would re-sign UFAs Jake and Heinen. I would let Looch, Griz, Forbert, and Shattenkirk walk. I'm undecided about Maroon and JVR. Swayman, Boqvist, and Lauko are RFAs, and I would re-sign them.

I'm not against starting Lohrei, Potras, and Lysell in Providence next season, and then bringing one or more up after the season starts and injuries happen. Lohrei makes too many mistakes, and Potras needs to get much stronger; maybe he can do in the off season.

I have a real hard time with anyone who watches this postseason and believes Lohrei deserves to be at Providence next year. Sure he makes some mistakes , everyone on the D does. And he is never going to be a perfect player, but I don't believe for a second that playing at the AHL level is going to provide the challenge he needs.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If I'm Vancouver, I'd sign him before I'd sign Lindholm.

Not saying the same for Boston. I really don't know. But for Vancouver they way they are built with Petterson and Miller who can play up the middle I'd focus on Joshua if I was them. I would try very hard to not let him get to July 1st and find out what other teams are willing to pay. I can see a few teams dramatically overpaying. Strikes me as the type of player Tampa would go hard after.
Red Wings need a guy like him and he is a Detroit kid.

Reactions: BruinDust
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad