Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
No nightmares whatsoever...I simply like the idea of having:
- Vezina Ullmark/Bussi taking up 7% of the cap
- the quality return for Swayman
- the riches of quality goaltenders in the system allowing bruins the luxary to make such trade

We shall see...I'm sure to get something right sooner or later. LOL
You know what the great thing about cap space is?

It's great to have until you don't use it. Then, it's a liability.

it wouldn't shock me one bit if they kept both Swayman and Ullmark because they have that much space.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Reunite!

1715255202381.png

ae530

Mar 22, 2024
- Sign a big ticket winger ( Guenztel )

- Sign a middle 6 winger with jam ( Joshua )

- Sign Zadorov

- Trade Ullmark for picks to recoup draft cupboard

Guentzel -- Zacha -- Pasta

Marchand -- Coyle -- Geekie

Joshua -- Frederic -- Braz

Heinen -- Beecher -- Lauko

Poitras
Lysell

Lohrei -- Mcavoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Zadorov -- Peeke

Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi
Big Nikita Zadorov is a must signing for Sweeney this July 1st. That guy is big mean and can shoot the puck and is extremely physical.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No nightmares whatsoever...I simply like the idea of having:
- Vezina Ullmark/Bussi taking up 7% of the cap
- the quality return for Swayman
- the riches of quality goaltenders in the system allowing bruins the luxary to make such trade

We shall see...I'm sure to get something right sooner or later. LOL

But Ulmark will only take up 7% for a year, and then you have to resign him, and it might be a little cheaper than Swayman, but not much . He'll be at at least 6.5 million on his next deal

Or I guess you can just play Bussi, and DiPietro, and use 3% of your cap for a year, but if either has success, they will quickly be expensive as well

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Haven’t taken a deep dive yet but I like it when you do these - fun reads and good vision

I’ll just throw a quick little comment I would be flabbergasted if LAK would trade byfield

I’m on laferriere but I’ll look over later but you come out with good foundations to delve into

Likely we have to see the end result of 23-24 to see the full picture

If JDB gets 10 goals and the Bruins are playing in June things could be altered

We here criticize Grzelcyk for not having strong playoffs so be it Coyle or Geekie or DeBrusk etc who shine in the spring we gotta look at that

I am starting to think Elias Lindholm of Vancouver affordable is starting to look as someone to consider which moves Zacha to wing and you still get flexibility with him wing both special teams. EL is strong on FO and 3 zone - a Zacha- Lindholm- Pastrnak line could be outstanding. I’m 5/40 on him

Also Heinen reminds me a lot of Donnie Marcotte - not as strong and clean physical but incredibly smart and a good amount of skills

He’s definitely a high priority on my team

Ok the downpour stopped off to do back/lats Day & cardio
Did ever watch Donnie Marcotte, because Heinen should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Marcotte,

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
likely 5+ million for 6 or 7 years for a guy who becomes a bottom pairing defenseman here very quickly if not immediately

I don't touch Zadarov for more than 2 years at most
I am not committed one way or another but you are not getting him for just two years.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Calgary is beautiful city IMO (lived there 6 months back in 2015). If I was a NHL player, I'd rather play there than Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Montreal. Ottawa as a city is also very nice but rink location is a big issue but if it was downtown it would be 50/50 between Ottawa and Calgary. I don't know where to rank Toronto honestly.

The two knocks on Calgary are the current arena and it's amenities (of lack thereof) and the nightlife isn't terrible but nothing outstanding either which matters to some players.

Sometimes I think NHL players think Edmonton and Calgary are similar but that couldn't be further from the truth.
I have been living in Calgary now 11 years and you are pretty bang on here.Once they build these 2 rinks ( practice facility to from things I hear here) and everything else around it they will be in the game for players wanting to play here

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I have been living in Calgary now 11 years and you are pretty bang on here.Once they build these 2 rinks ( practice facility to from things I hear here) and everything else around it they will be in the game for players wanting to play here

Miss that city. Wish I could of lived there longer.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Miss that city. Wish I could of lived there longer.
Yea it's pretty well exactly what u described still.They have new neighbourhoods though popping up everywhere.I lived in Toronto late 80s and ( sure bit different now )it was fun there but everything shut down early unless u knew after hr spots.Transit like Go trains etc midnight last call.Toronto though has other sports to watch like MLB or NBA.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yea it's pretty well exactly what u described still.They have new neighbourhoods though popping up everywhere.I lived in Toronto late 80s and ( sure bit different now )it was fun there but everything shut down early unless u knew after hr spots.Transit like Go trains etc midnight last call.Toronto though has other sports to watch like MLB or NBA.

I rented off a friend down in Bowness. That neighborhood changed a lot apparently since my time there.

The city also needs a new football stadium I can't say I was impressed by McMahon when I went to the Labour Day classic in 2015. Especially when compared to other CFL stadiums.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I rented off a friend down in Bowness. That neighborhood changed a lot apparently since my time there.

The city also needs a new football stadium I can't say I was impressed by McMahon when I went to the Labour Day classic in 2015. Especially when compared to other CFL stadiums.
Yes McMahon is old for sure.I have not been there in 3 yrs.They built a new cancer clinic basically around corner from it & we use to park there daily when I worked there.Not been to Bowness in a while either but I believe it.City is growing and expanding like u would not believe .Gonna swallow up Okotoks Soon .

Reactions: BruinDust

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Maybe McAvoy and Ullmark and a first for Byfield lol
No first. But yeah that works.

Haven’t taken a deep dive yet but I like it when you do these - fun reads and good vision

I’ll just throw a quick little comment I would be flabbergasted if LAK would trade byfield

I’m on laferriere but I’ll look over later but you come out with good foundations to delve into

Likely we have to see the end result of 23-24 to see the full picture

If JDB gets 10 goals and the Bruins are playing in June things could be altered

We here criticize Grzelcyk for not having strong playoffs so be it Coyle or Geekie or DeBrusk etc who shine in the spring we gotta look at that

I am starting to think Elias Lindholm of Vancouver affordable is starting to look as someone to consider which moves Zacha to wing and you still get flexibility with him wing both special teams. EL is strong on FO and 3 zone - a Zacha- Lindholm- Pastrnak line could be outstanding. I’m 5/40 on him

Also Heinen reminds me a lot of Donnie Marcotte - not as strong and clean physical but incredibly smart and a good amount of skills

He’s definitely a high priority on my team

Ok the downpour stopped off to do back/lats Day & cardio
Everything, but the Donnie Marcotte comment, Naaah.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I’m sharing this with you - be grateful we have had the hug

Swayman & Bussi will be BFF this time nrst season
Yes, Swayman gets along with everyone, especially other goalies. He hugs 'em all. He'll get along with his new significant other (goalie).

Last edited:
Reactions: BigGoalBrad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad