Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
And create a massive hole on the backend instead.
There’s already been a hole on the backend even with him on the team though. They are paying 9.5M for a guy who hasn’t played anywhere close to a #1D and is their best asset to trade for that #1C

Reactions: capecodder

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Look at any team on CapFriendly and you'll see that nearly every multi-year contract given to someone 27 or older has trade/movement protection.

The less young your roster, the more trade clauses.
Yeah, M-NTC, not full NMC. The Bergerons, Pastas and McAvoys of the world get those, not the Pavel Zachas (unless he were in Toronto of course).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m a DeBrusk guy and he’s more skilled than Bert but if I’m him and Edmonton offers me 6/40 I’m gone

Bertuzzi played against Boston like Game of Thrones Battle of the Bastards

He had chemistry with Pastrnak and was generally outstanding against Florida last season

If you can get him 2-3 years at 5 per I’m there

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
UFA
Lindholm- 7 years, 6.5mill
Reinhart- 7 years, 9.5mill
Dillon- 4 years, 2.5mill
Maroon- 1 year, 800k

RFA
Swayman- 8 years, 6.5mill
Bussi- 1 year, 800k

Trade
BOS: 10th overall (Tij Iginla)
NJ: Ullmark

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Poitras-Reinhart
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
Maroon

Dillon-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Cap is tight but it just fits.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
UFA
Lindholm- 7 years, 6.5mill
Reinhart- 7 years, 9.5mill
Dillon- 4 years, 2.5mill
Maroon- 1 year, 800k

RFA
Swayman- 8 years, 6.5mill
Bussi- 1 year, 800k

Trade
BOS: 10th overall (Tij Iginla)
NJ: Ullmark

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Poitras-Reinhart
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
Maroon

Dillon-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Cap is tight but it just fits.
Problem is you’re about $1.5M short on each of the UFAs. Reinhart may take that in Florida but if he goes to market as the #1 guy he’s getting 8 digits

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I’m a DeBrusk guy and he’s more skilled than Bert but if I’m him and Edmonton offers me 6/40 I’m gone

Bertuzzi played against Boston like Game of Thrones Battle of the Bastards

He had chemistry with Pastrnak and was generally outstanding against Florida last season

If you can get him 2-3 years at 5 per I’m there

Me too.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
He has some nice numbers looks like a dk lite.
Not trying to bust your balls but do you just look at stat sheets and decide by that alone the Bruins should add a player? Do you not take into account the type of mins he plays, is he a passer or shooter, is he a perimeter player or does he drive the net? What percentage of his points are on the PP? Does he kill penalties (like Krejci did)? Neccas is just a name to me. I know absolutely nothing about his game. Just curious if you did

Reactions: Gordoff

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Not trying to bust your balls but do you just look at stat sheets and decide by that alone the Bruins should add a player? Do you not take into account the type of mins he plays, is he a passer or shooter, is he a perimeter player or does he drive the net? What percentage of his points are on the PP? Does he kill penalties (like Krejci did)? Neccas is just a name to me. I know absolutely nothing about his game. Just curious if you did
Some bits of him looks like a better zacha type plays 200 foot game.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
how does everyone feel about eating some ullmark money to get a better return?
It all depends what's coming back but I was thinking of actually the opposite...if the Bruins are serious about getting a back-up veteran to compete with Bussi than working with Carolina makes a lot of sense

They could send Necas and Frederik Andersen 50% retained for Ullmark + Lysell

I'm completely assuming Freddy is a cap dump now being 0-8 in series clinching games lol

Andersen now comes in at 1.7 mil. If he gets beat out, waived and claimed then so be it but even if doesn't get claimed then only a few million is counted against the big club (I think the AHL covers up to 1.2 mil or something?)

Either way, it's organizational depth and the obvious target is Necas if that offer would even be enough

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
my guess is they would rather have Bert at 2/10 or 3-15 ish over DeBrusk 5+ years at 6

I’m a Bertuzzi guy and watching the hand shake line he looked traumatized they lost and his former Bruins teammates seemed to like him

For 2-3 years hell yeh

Why do we think he takes a 2-3 year deal in his last big chance to cash in . There is lot of money in the market and a lot of GM's who are trying to make a splash

I'll still take Debrusk because he is the better player.

Reactions: dangermike

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Just gotta say….I love reading everyone’s dream lineups for next year because it makes me optimistic that they’ll bring in some quality players.

Much better than last year when they had a couple of Canobie Lake Park free passes, a $25 Dunkin Donuts gift card and $123.78 in cash to spend on free agents.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
View attachment 873302

Trade Ullmark to Jersey for Bahl and draft picks
Sign Sway, Jake, Maroon, Stephenson, and Bert.

Solid top three lines, good grind on the fourth, heavier defense.
In general, I like the makeup of this roster. Not too much philosophical difference with what I’d like to do.

I think Stephenson would be a great addition. He’d add so much speed up front.

Rather a player like Duhaime for the fourth line (Maroon and Brazeau is just too slow). And I think we need to tinker with the blueline just a little bit more. Also, I’m out on DeBrusk.

But overall I think this is really good work.

Reactions: Gordoff and SPV

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The one thing about Ullmark, regardless of his list, that may entice him to move is if Sweeney can get a club to offer an extension as a contingency. Linus may reconsider if someone was to give him 4 or 5 years at a decent rate.

Raycroft also said today that he thought he’d want to go somewhere where he’d be the #1, so he can make himself more marketable for FA next summer.

Can definitely see both scenarios making sense, especially if Sweeney wants to move him to a location that he prefers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad