2024-25 Roster…too soon?

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
By the time this team is any good Mitch Marner will be over 30 years old potentially making 12 million dollars. I just don't see a fit.
The only reason you do it is in a 3 way deal with another team where Marner goes to the 3rd team, the Hawks get futures and the Leafs get Jones with zero retention.

Outside of that specific scenario, Marner makes zero sense for the Hawks.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
By the time this team is any good Mitch Marner will be over 30 years old potentially making 12 million dollars. I just don't see a fit.

Bedard needs help. 12 million is too much tho. He does make more sense for someone trying to compete next year tho.

Last edited:

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Capfriendly has rolled over. After Reichel is put on the roster, Hawks will be 9.5 million below the cap floor. So you’ve got some work to do Kyle.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Capfriendly has rolled over. After Reichel is put on the roster, Hawks will be 9.5 million below the cap floor. So you’ve got some work to do Kyle.
Notable RFA's:

Joey Anderson
Mackenzie Entwhisle
Reese Johnson
Taylor Raddysh

If all 4 are retained, I'm betting we are still 4 million under the floor

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Notable RFA's:

Joey Anderson
Mackenzie Entwhisle
Reese Johnson
Taylor Raddysh

Onky one likely retained is Anderson. They all have arb rights and Davidson won’t mess with that after Kurashev last year.

Last edited:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Notable RFA's:

Joey Anderson
Mackenzie Entwhisle
Reese Johnson
Taylor Raddysh

If all 4 our retained, we are going to be bad again.....

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Apparently Friedman said Carolina isnt likely to sign Necas.

Sign me up.

Wonder what it would cost?

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Yeah Necas is asking for 8x8 at least. For a non physical second line centre, hell to the no.
Pretty sure he's more of a winger. But yes we are too soon in the timeline to move this kind of assets it would cost to bring him in. I'd only make a splash on the open market.

Reactions: Giovi

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
The hawks should definitely look to add a few free agents:
Marchessault-cup winner veteran winger could go to the hawks for an overpay, pipe dream though, could entice him with an overpay on a short term contract with a clause to move him to a contender come deadline or draft with retention could be a good temporary mentor/wingman for Bedard
DeBrusk-if bruins don't sign him hawks should be all over this. He is only what, 26-27? 7 year deal should be no problem brings a lot to like
Montour-another guy who would probably go to a contender but if there are no suitors hawks need a rhd
Pesce- Carolina is losing a couple pieces hawks should be in on any Carolina casualty
TT-see above
Skej-see above
Lindholm-perfect top 6 center to shelter and be a matchup center looking for a big payday or cup contender
Domi-good feisty player would benefit the whole team
Those are just the free agents some trades will open up and hawks need to be getting draft day in order getting ready for any potential trades they should be looking for immediate forward help preferably veterans in the 25-27 age range along with more veteran leader types.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It’s May of 2024 and people still think the way the Kurashev arbitration played out was bad.
It did play out poorly. He ended up overpaid for what he had produced at the time. I think it’s awesome he had a breakout year this year and way outproduced that contract.

But both Kurashev and Davidson expressed it was a tough process and not fun to go through. Davidson will not be going to arbitration with any of these players this year, he simply won’t allow it.

Reactions: hockeydoug

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It did play out poorly. He ended up overpaid for what he had produced at the time. I think it’s awesome he had a breakout year this year and way outproduced that contract.

But both Kurashev and Davidson expressed it was a tough process and not fun to go through. Davidson will not be going to arbitration with any of these players this year, he simply won’t allow it.
"breakout"

He got boosted by Bedard

Separate them next season, and you easily slash 20 points from Kurashev's totals

Reactions: Pertti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad