OT: 2024-2025 All Non-Hockey Sports Talk MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Hey Colorado fan coming here in peace - what’s up with Bol Bol? I was really glad when I was starting to see him getting minutes and finally an opportunity. Looking at his game logs he started to get up to 30 mins a night and now lately he’s back to the teens. What the heck happened? Have the Magic soured on him?

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Hey Colorado fan coming here in peace - what’s up with Bol Bol? I was really glad when I was starting to see him getting minutes and finally an opportunity. Looking at his game logs he started to get up to 30 mins a night and now lately he’s back to the teens. What the heck happened? Have the Magic soured on him?
Orlando Magic, ewww, gross, you can see yourself out.

LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Baseball_canada.png

I went to the inaugural World Baseball Classic in 2006 in Orlando. I saw Dominican Republic versus Australia at the Atlanta Braves AAA stadium in Walt Disney World.
This has been a great tournament so far, and can't wait for Canada to start right now!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Most important game today in baseball Canada's history. They play Mexico at 3:00. If they win they advance to the second round of the WBC.
I picked up this hat about a month ago:
20230213_222751.jpg
20230213_222252.jpg

Reactions: JP Mick

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Canada lost from I Now is likely done for the tournament. Oh well, not like I expected them to win, but it would have been nice to see them move on.

Cuba advances from pool A, and now advances to Miami. I imagine Cuba will probably have a big following down in Miami.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I don't think it's all doom and gloom this year Marlin fans.
Yes, they're in possibly the toughest Division Baseball. Nationals are not good at all, and Mets just got bit hard by the injury bug.
Maybe a competitive season is in the future for the Marlins?

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The WBC was awesome! It's nice to see the rest of the Sports World wake up and realize this. I went to the inaugural tournament in 2006, and have watched almost every game of this past tournament.

MLB starts in a week. All the rule changes look good in my mind. I really love the pitch clock. It's crazy to think that baseball will be the new Fast game out of the pro sports. Most games finish in 2 - 2.5 hours this spring training. I believe my blue jays have a really good shot at winning the World Series this year.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I don't think it's all doom and gloom this year Marlin fans.
Yes, they're in possibly the toughest Division Baseball. Nationals are not good at all, and Mets just got bit hard by the injury bug.
Maybe a competitive season is in the future for the Marlins?
I don't think their upper management is good enough, to be successful in this league. So I think they will hover around mediocrity until they get that straight. And that could be years. And since they are basically the Florida Panthers of MLB, (except they have two titles), that is very bad.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The WBC was awesome! It's nice to see the rest of the Sports World wake up and realize this. I went to the inaugural tournament in 2006, and have watched almost every game of this past tournament.

MLB starts in a week. All the rule changes look good in my mind. I really love the pitch clock. It's crazy to think that baseball will be the new Fast game out of the pro sports. Mo games finish in 2 - 2.5 hours this spring training. I believe my blue jays have a really good shot at winning the World Series this year.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I believe they will. A lot of experts have them picked to win the division and the World Series this year.

Also, I believe in February Bo signed a contract for 3 years to avoid his arbitration years.

Both have 3 years left.

Bo did sign a 3yr deal but it walks him straight to UFA.
Vlad has this year at $14.5 mil and then two ARB years and he's a UFA in 2026 as well unless they sign him in next couple offseasons.

Both are gonna ask for 30ish mil, they know they will get it here or somewhere else so we better win this year or next to help keep the World Series belief alive.

Management has definitely opened the wallet and spent a ton so hopefully they keep doing it with those two as well.

Just got home, gonna throw the game on vs STL. Let's goooo Manoah and Co!!!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Holy shit what an opening day game for the Jays, nice 10-9 win.
Thoroughly entertaining, multiple lead changes, 30+ hits combined, not a lot of HRs but just consistent offense from both teams.

Springer 5 for 6 type day, what a beauty, thee offensive spark.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Holy shit what an opening day game for the Jays, nice 10-9 win.
Thoroughly entertaining, multiple lead changes, 30+ hits combined, not a lot of HRs but just consistent offense from both teams.

Springer 5 for 6 type day, what a beauty, thee offensive spark.
The part about the game that I like most was that almost everyone was involved.
The Jays ran into some trouble in the 4th and needed a ground ball, they put Pop in and he got a double play. Belt hit a big double later in the game, need3d to be pinch ran for because he is not fast, put Lukes in and he is really fast and scored from second. The DH came up again against the righty, put Biggio in (my wife's favorite blue jay) to pinch hit and he drew a walk which is his specialty.
Not really too concerned with allowing the nine runs, just excited to see almost everyone get involved in the first game of the season.
I would imagine you see the three players who weren't in this game involved in next game Saturday.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tonight's the night Blue Jay fans, home opener!
Unveiling of the major renovations, first of its kind since 1989. First of three phases.
Can't wait to eventually go to a game!

Definitely gonna watch tonight, have caught 4 full games so far and love the sped up games ending under 3 hrs now.

It's lead to higher BA's and scores so far, trying to inject some excitement back into the game where feels like last couple years pitchers could lock in and screw with the timing of hitters more.

Jays have looked amazing offensively, Bo and Chapman are lighting it up hits wise.
We have more speed on both sides of the ball now and look forward to seeing more small ball (Bunting, stealing etc)
Hoping pitching will round out a bit but we have a lot of home games coming up.

New renovations make it look way more modern, will try and get to at least a game or two but since I moved 7 months ago, now 2.5 hrs away instead of 45 minutes.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
What a game!

KK's catch, my word! I believe a homerun has been caught on the other side of the wall now four times since 1989, when the ballpark opened.

I'm a big ball fan, so I knew a lot about Varsho before he came to Toronto. He is the ultimate player. Probably my new favorite player on the team. My favorite for the different part of the team are:

OF: Varsho* favorite overall
INF: Vladdy
SP: Kikuchi
RP: Swanson

I am basically the same distance away, 2 hours 45 minutes straight west of Rogers Center. Looking at getting tickets for April 30th against Seattle. I'll be taking my mom for Mother's Day, also my wife and son. If you're not doing anything that day, you should meet up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad