U20: 2023 World Junior Summer Showcase in Plymouth, Michigan (27 July-4 Aug)

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Tbh i think we can win all games, i know USAs forwards are very good but ours arent bad neither. Our defence is stacked too so im not worried on that part.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Finland's roster is so bad compared to USA and Sweden.

Interesting thing. In looking at the rosters from last season, there were as many players from Finland that played in the USHL (6) as there were in the three Canadian major junior leagues.

Unless I missed someone, I don't think any of those players are on this camp roster.

Not sure if that is significant but in the past there always seemed to be some Finns playing at that level.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Interesting thing. In looking at the rosters from last season, there were as many players from Finland that played in the USHL (6) as there were in the three Canadian major junior leagues.

Unless I missed someone, I don't think any of those players are on this camp roster.

Not sure if that is significant but in the past there always seemed to be some Finns playing at that level.

In re-reading that article, it looks like the Finnish roster is split in two with a "Challenger" group also holding a camp in Vierumaki, Finland. Many of the players going to camp in Finland were the players selected in the recent NHL Draft.

Not sure which players will eventually be at the tournament in Plymouth.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Games are only $10 for BOTH games each day and $30 gets you all the games for the entire tournament. If you can get to Plymouth, I recommend you do. NHL GM's, coaches, and scouts sit in the stands along with the fans, and you can get a chance to talk to a few of them - plus it is GREAT hockey. Going to the Monday and Wednesday games myself.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
Games are only $10 for BOTH games each day and $30 gets you all the games for the entire tournament. If you can get to Plymouth, I recommend you do. NHL GM's, coaches, and scouts sit in the stands along with the fans, and you can get a chance to talk to a few of them - plus it is GREAT hockey. Going to the Monday and Wednesday games myself.
I've never chatted with them but it's fun seeing the hockey decision makers live. It's so funny how they all dress the same way. You can pick them out based on their clothes alone no problem.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
These games will be streamed on usahockeytv.com. It's only on NHL network if TSN is there and they pick up that feed, which won't be the case since Canada isn't there.

usahockeytv is becoming a main broadcasting service for usa hockey sanctioned events like the National Player Dev camps (15's, 16's, 17's), Youth Nationals, Summer Showcase, NTDP home games, 5-nations tournament in November. They're also showing some AAA games from certain areas and will continue to grow in that regard throughout the season.

They left HockeyTV mid last year.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
a49817b7-62b5-481d-9c87-91706cf7134c_200_10.gif

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
These games will be streamed on usahockeytv.com. It's only on NHL network if TSN is there and they pick up that feed, which won't be the case since Canada isn't there.

usahockeytv is becoming a main broadcasting service for usa hockey sanctioned events like the National Player Dev camps (15's, 16's, 17's), Youth Nationals, Summer Showcase, NTDP home games, 5-nations tournament in November. They're also showing some AAA games from certain areas and will continue to grow in that regard throughout the season.

It's an astute move by USAH. HockeyTV sucked - extremely overpriced and poor quality video.

Reactions: NTDP

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio

How does the billing work? I assume it's not free.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
It's expensive:

The better deal is to watch the NTDP home games for free: Watch Team USA
You're correct but I did the 12 month pass at an upfront price of $180 which equals $15 a month so it's the best option.

Honestly you get the bang for your buck if you use the service regularly. I know most people only like certain high level events but I watched all of the Select 17 and working my way through the 16's now - every game is archived. So I guess that's how I justify it in my head lol

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Roster changes for SWE: Jonathan Lekkerimäki, Liam Öhgren & Noah Östlund are out.

In comes forwards: Zeb Forsfjäll, Felix Unger-Sörum & Hannes Hellberg.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad