Prospect Info: 2023 WJC Thread

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
good response game from luke. just as dynamic offensively but respected his own zone more in this one. noted several heads up pokes and a bit better tenancy to drop back ahead of play coming the other way. just felt more confident overall, too. neither he nor nemec were perfect in their final games, but they really went out on some impressive showings. hard not to be excited

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
good response game from luke. just as dynamic offensively but respected his own zone more in this one. noted several heads up pokes and a bit better tenancy to drop back ahead of play coming the other way. just felt more confident overall, too. neither he nor nemec were perfect in their final games, but they really went out on some impressive showings. hard not to be excited
I actually really liked Nemec’s last game. Thought it was arguably his best one with the US game. He was engaged, made smart plays, was noticeable offensively and steady in his own zone. Definitely excited for the future, as you said!

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
I actually really liked Nemec’s last game. Thought it was arguably his best one with the US game. He was engaged, made smart plays, was noticeable offensively and steady in his own zone. Definitely excited for the future, as you said!
for sure. was given the impossible task of shutting down bedard and did just about everything he could. took a flubbed pass by his counterpart and an exhausted shift in OT to give up anything to him at even strength. SVK asked the world of him with that blue line featuring little other NHL caliber talent (Strbak and...?) and while we can definitely poke some holes in parts of his game (i.e. his retrievals), i think we have to sit back and be proud of the guy we just picked leading the tournament in minutes and holding up pretty darn well in the process

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
for sure. was given the impossible task of shutting down bedard and did just about everything he could. took a flubbed pass by his counterpart and an exhausted shift in OT to give up anything to him at even strength. SVK asked the world of him with that blue line featuring little other NHL caliber talent (Strbak and...?) and while we can definitely poke some holes in parts of his game (i.e. his retrievals), i think we have to sit back and be proud of the guy we just picked leading the tournament in minutes and holding up pretty darn well in the process
Yup, 18-19 year old kids can always improve their game. They’re literally that, kids. Overall, I like their game. I’ll say it again, we have 2 of the top 5 (arguably 3) D prospects in the league.

Reactions: My3Sons and evnted

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
i'm going to be very petty lmao but I'm really tired of connor bedard and his hype already (I know it's only going up from here). basically knowing the devils have no shot at getting him has ruined any of my excitement about him. I already know he's going to be great

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Kind of wild to think the Swedes were 38 seconds away from the Gold Medal game and a guaranteed medal to no medal at all.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Go Czechia!

7emC.gif

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player call for the puck more than Clarke does, maybe Subban lol

Absolute rocket from Guenther, 1-0 Canada

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
8-7 OT is a ridiculous score for a bronze medal game. That's like some baseball shit.

Glad to see the USA pull it out and make good on Luke's promise.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada wins Gold!

Hauser ends his tournament with 3G, 1A (4P) in 7 games. Good showing for him!

Reactions: My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
By the way, for anyone interested, all the results and stats (for our prospects in the tourney) are available in the OP!

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad