Blue Jays GDT: 2023 v9 | Thu, Aug 24 | @ BAL | 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT | Berrios vs Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So last night I realized after the game was over that I had forgotten to change the GDT title to reflect Wednesday's game time and matchup. That's not normal for me as I try my best to keep things up to date, and I will say that I was distracted by the need to do some grocery shopping that afternoon even though I recognize that's no excuse. I'm so very, very, sorry. I pride myself and think of myself as a man of principles, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos, it will be a home run. And so that will make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm gonna be keeping GDT titles up to date all the time. I don't know if it's gonna be for the HFJays, I don't know if it's gonna be for my bosses at HF. I want to apologize for the people who sign my paycheck, for the Jays' community, for Hockey's Future, for the people I work with, for anybody that I've offended here tonight, I can't begin to tell you how deeply sorry I am. That is not who I am, it never has been. And I'd like to think maybe I could have some people that could back that up. I am very, very, sorry, and I beg for your forgiveness. Bert Corbeau'll take you the rest of the way home.

:sarcasm:

Seriously though, I whiffed on changing the GDT last night because I went grocery shopping and figured I'd home in time for the game until I ended up having to make a couple of extra stops.

and mostly I just wanted to use the meme.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
So last night I realized after the game was over that I had forgotten to change the GDT title to reflect Wednesday's game time and matchup. That's not normal for me as I try my best to keep things up to date, and I will say that I was distracted by the need to do some grocery shopping that afternoon even though I recognize that's no excuse. I'm so very, very, sorry. I pride myself and think of myself as a man of principles, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos, it will be a home run. And so that will make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm gonna be keeping GDT titles up to date all the time. I don't know if it's gonna be for the HFJays, I don't know if it's gonna be for my bosses at HF. I want to apologize for the people who sign my paycheck, for the Jays' community, for Hockey's Future, for the people I work with, for anybody that I've offended here tonight, I can't begin to tell you how deeply sorry I am. That is not who I am, it never has been. And I'd like to think maybe I could have some people that could back that up. I am very, very, sorry, and I beg for your forgiveness. Bert Corbeau'll take you the rest of the way home.

:sarcasm:

Seriously though, I whiffed on changing the GDT last night because I went grocery shopping and figured I'd home in time for the game until I ended up having to make a couple of extra stops.

and mostly I just wanted to use the meme.
I noticed. I just didn't want to say anything.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
So what do they do with Espy once Bo gets back? I guess just send Schneider back down? I’m just thinking Espinal is kind of redundant on this team. It’s not like he hasn’t gotten his opportunities. Do you release him? Keep Schneider up?

DeJong, Bo, Schneider, Espinal and even Whit can play on the infield. It’s getting crowded

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
So what do they do with Espy once Bo gets back? I guess just send Schneider back down? I’m just thinking Espinal is kind of redundant on this team. It’s not like he hasn’t gotten his opportunities. Do you release him? Keep Schneider up?

DeJong, Bo, Schneider, Espinal and even Whit can play on the infield. It’s getting crowded

Send Espinal down

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Syndergaard is just cooked. This looks like Tanner Roark out there. Sad the way his career turned out after so much early brilliance. Injuries suck.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Syndergaard is just cooked. This looks like Tanner Roark out there. Sad the way his career turned out after so much early brilliance. Injuries suck.

... but Manoah not much better. Ugh. What a difference in starter quality from the first 3 games of this series.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Are the Jays bats really gonna give Syndergaard a quality start today? How can these guys be so bad at hitting with runners on base?

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
While Manoah isn't as good as he was last time, so far it hasn't ballooned beyond the 2 runs...

Of course the Jays have had a helluva time scoring any runs in this series, so he may pitch the rest of the game and the bullpen throw a shutout and they can still lose.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
While Manoah isn't as good as he was last time, so far it hasn't ballooned beyond the 2 runs...

Of course the Jays have had a helluva time scoring any runs in this series, so he may pitch the rest of the game and the bullpen throw a shutout and they can still lose.

Manoah started throwing strikes to get ahead and has turned his start around.

6 of the first 9 Jays reached base and they got 1 run. And now they've somehow let Syndergaard and his 91 MPH meatballs get into a groove.

Need to get to him in the 5th here as its surely his last inning.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Jays really let Rocchio kill them this series.

And the offense is just so dry most games. Not enough power and their approach with RISP is to try and force power. Not a good combination. It’s hilarious watching them hit with RISP. Most of them are trying to hit a 5-run HR and either hit into a DP, strike out or pop out.

If Teo and the Mariners beat us out for a WC spot, that better be the end of Atkins as GM.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Can’t trust Atkins to take this team to the next level anymore. He’s dismantled a promising roster and the team isn’t clearly better year over year. He’s never come close to building a balanced roster. Always a major hole somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad