Status
Not open for further replies.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Canes Announce Training Camp Schedule | NHL.com

There's a link to a pdf with all the details.

Teams C1 and C2
Practices and morning skates during training camp will be open to the media, and all skates held at Invisalign Arena will also be open to the public. Media will be permitted to enter the Hurricanes’ locker rooms for player availability following each on-ice session, and Head Coach Rod Brind’Amour will be available following the final player availability each day.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The TDA thread is closed
giphy.gif

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Highlights?
Tony blames his struggles in philly on himself

Was hoping him playing for his hometown team would have been more successful

Glad to be back with Carolina and glad they wanted him back. He said he wouldn’t return to NY.

He would have to look to see if we have the best defense in the cap era but had a buddy text him about how good the roster is. While everyone wants to play a lot to get the bigger paychecks, he says likes roster competition.

He didn’t recruit Lemieux to the canes. He knew we were looking for a player like him. It will be good for the guys to have Lemieux, himself, and Bunting on the roster. Those guys who don’t take crap.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Curious. Why didn’t we get to see Bradly Nadeau at the prospect tournament and why will he not be at training camp?

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Surprised to see Heimosalmi, since he has already been loaned to his Liiga team.
During the recent tournament, I thought Heimosalmi looked polished and very good. He did make one bad pass to the middle of the ice that led to a chance against. Other than that he was great on breakouts, tape to tape passes, and even at his size, he defended very well.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Curious. Why didn’t we get to see Bradly Nadeau at the prospect tournament and why will he not be at training camp?
basically an NCAA rules issue, which anymore is kindof hilarious. He could be signed to a 7 figure NIL deal by TopGolf or Carvana with no issues, but don't you dare attend training camp with a pro team without it being entirely on your own dime, or put cream cheese on that bagel someone gave you while you're there. Yes, that seriously was (still is?) technically an NCAA rules violation.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I just saw the exhibition schedule. I like the fact that we play 3 road games, but 2 of them are on the same day. So really Rod is doing whatever he can to limit travel and reduce preseason games as much as possible.

Realistically, the preseason is for wimps. Fans toot their horn about their recent 1st rounder scoring in a preseason game, but it means nothing. Rod doesn't care about it, and that spreads to the players. I'm sure what he does care about is seeing fitness and hustle in practices. He wants to see which new players fit the system, and also give them tips for making the team in the future.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
basically an NCAA rules issue, which anymore is kindof hilarious. He could be signed to a 7 figure NIL deal by TopGolf or Carvana with no issues, but don't you dare attend training camp with a pro team without it being entirely on your own dime, or put cream cheese on that bagel someone gave you while you're there. Yes, that seriously was (still is?) technically an NCAA rules violation.
I do wonder if that could be a way to skirt the rules and be like here’s some money we hope you sign with us when you’re done with school wink wink

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I do wonder if that could be a way to skirt the rules and be like here’s some money we hope you sign with us when you’re done with school wink wink
Could you imagine if we got into a bidding war with Toronto for a kid at NC State for example and we lost and now that kid has to do advertisements for poutine in the Triangle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad