PTO: 2023 Training Camp Thread

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Question: Ben Boyd is listed on Arizona's training camp roster. I assume this is NOT the same Ben Boyd who is currently playing Canadian University hockey, and whose rights are still owned by the Blue Jackets until 2027? That Ben Boyd is a forward. Who is THIS Ben Boyd?

Thank you in advance.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Question: Ben Boyd is listed on Arizona's training camp roster. I assume this is NOT the same Ben Boyd who is currently playing Canadian University hockey, and whose rights are still owned by the Blue Jackets until 2027? That Ben Boyd is a forward. Who is THIS Ben Boyd?

Thank you in advance.
Typo? Maybe it means Travis Boyd.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Typo? Maybe it means Travis Boyd.
Both Travis Boyd and Ben Boyd are listed on Arizona's training camp roster. And both listed as forwards, so this is probably the same Ben Boyd.

So, this has to mean that cap friendly has that information wrong, and that either the Blue Jackets let Boyd's rights go this off-season or they expired at some point.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Teams rarely announce cuts/reassignments during rookie camp but I noticed the following players missing from training camp rosters. (These are players that are either under contract or part of the reserve list - (unsigned draft picks)) :

Los Angeles : Koehn Zimmer, Matthew Mania
Montreal : Daniil Sobolev
Pittsburgh : Cooper Foster, Jordan Frasca, Ty Glover, Lukas Svejkovsky
St.Louis : Landon Sim
Vegas : Mathieu Cataford, Jordan Gustafson
Washington : Cam Allen

I could be missing some.

All of them are junior eligible except Frasca, Glover and Svejkovsky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevins

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Teams rarely announce cuts/reassignments during rookie camp but I noticed the following players missing from training camp rosters :

I could be missing some.

NYR had 3 CHL D and 2 F at rookie camp

Luke McNamara not in main camp, probably returned to Saginaw
The other 4 still w NYR

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Thank you in advance.
Both Travis Boyd and Ben Boyd are listed on Arizona's training camp roster. And both listed as forwards, so this is probably the same Ben Boyd.

So, this has to mean that cap friendly has that information wrong, and that either the Blue Jackets let Boyd's rights go this off-season or they expired at some point.
There is a similar situation going on in Toronto

The team invited John Tychonick to camp, but Ottawa holds his rights.
I guess, sort of like negotiating with an RFA, you can still invite players on tryout for camp, even if their NHL rights are held elsewhere.

But if Tychonick or Boyd wanted to actually sign and play in the NHL, the teams would have to go through Ottawa and Columbus to acquire those rights

Reactions: Mrfenn92

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
NYR add 2 PTO;s -

Maine[ECHL] G Brad Arvanitis

and
former Ranger, and 2023 stretch-run add for Hartford(NYR AHL affiliate) RHD Adam Clendening

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
There is a similar situation going on in Toronto

The team invited John Tychonick to camp, but Ottawa holds his rights.
I guess, sort of like negotiating with an RFA, you can still invite players on tryout for camp, even if their NHL rights are held elsewhere.

But if Tychonick or Boyd wanted to actually sign and play in the NHL, the teams would have to go through Ottawa and Columbus to acquire those rights
That is most bizarre, but this is the NHL so I suppose it is par for the course. Thanks uncleben for this!

Reactions: uncleben

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Teams rarely announce cuts/reassignments during rookie camp but I noticed the following players missing from training camp rosters. (These are players that are either under contract or part of the reserve list - (unsigned draft picks)) :

I could be missing some.

All of them are junior eligible except Frasca, Glover and Svejkovski
Strange because several of these prospects have just been selected in 2023 and some are even signed

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

I could be missing some.

per Ben Leeson on Twitter, re: Mania

I know Cam Allen is also recovering from offseson surgery.

Reactions: Nevins

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
So, I usually like to have this thread all updated prior to camps opening. But with so many rosters being announced so late and the week I've had*, I wasn't able to do that.

The rosters are all updated now. I still don't have numbers for Boston or Ottawa, and I have partial numbers for Toronto because the roster on their website only displays one part to me and when I download the pdf, the numbers were by at warp speed and won't stop moving so I can't read them.

Now to work on the PTOs!

*In case you're interested, my dad had knee replacement surgery, while visiting him at the hospital we were told he was in the cardiac ward (He wasnt!), while recuperating his dog ate one of his painkillers so I had to rush said dog to emergency veterinarians (She's fine!), then Thursday night Dad thought he had a blood clot which meant an 11pm visit to the Emergency Ward (It wasn't, he's back at home!).

SOKOL

Oct 26, 2007
Minnesota Wild PR

@mnwildPR
·
2 ч

The Wild assigned F Maxim Cajkovic and G Hunter Jones to the
@IAWild
, released F Louis Boudon, D Ben Brinkman, F Casey Dornbach, D Landon Kosior from their ATOs and F Brett Budgell, G Peyton Jones and D Brenden Miller from their PTOs. They will report to
@IAWild
training camp.

Forwards Matt Filipe, Dillon Hamaliuk, Sam Houde, Jagger Joshua and Evan Vierling, as well as goaltender Taylor Gauthier have been assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton’s training camp in the American Hockey League.

Defenseman Andre Anania has been assigned to the Sudbury Wolves of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), forward Matthew Soto has been assigned to the Kingston Frontenacs of the OHL and goaltender Michael Simpson has been assigned to the Peterborough Petes of the OHL.

Forward Peter Abbandonato has been released from his professional tryout agreement.

Defenseman Mark Pysyk has been moved to the injured list at Pittsburgh’s training camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad