WJC: 2023 Team USA Roster

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Ok....so we have this 2022 mess still to clear up in August but now that we seem to have a location for this upcoming December (likely Quebec) want to start getting some ideas out there as to how this team might look.

It looks like the 22' draft class is strong as well compared to 21' so we have a deep group to pick from here.

Cooley and Nazar look to be legit top end forwards. McGroarty, Snuggerud & Gauthier all potential top line players too.

Don't sleep on the other Jack Hughes, really like his game at Northeastern.

Schmidt and Pastajov look like serious names coming out of the OHL.

Tyler Boucher, Luke Hughes, Chaz Lucius all top talent as well with potential big roles here.

Plenty of talent to pick from, I can't see many 05's getting a look with the overall depth here.

Reactions: clevelandcane

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Someone has already made a thread about this

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Rand Pecknold (Quinnipiac) is the head coach. Assistants are Pat Ferschweiler (Western Michigan), Reid Cashman (Dartmouth), Jared Waimon (Tampa Bay scout), and Shawn Roach (Quinnipiac video coach).

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
I had never heard of Quinnipiac until 6 or 7 years ago. They have a pretty good hockey program is Pecknold a good choice?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I actually thought this team had more 03's available, but it clearly will be 04' heavy. The forwards started out high end, but got thin, surprised by that right now. Defense has a ton of options, a lot on the left side as well.

Here is my early look at what the squad can be, and hopefully a number of kids step up as fresh/soph this season to challenge for some spots.

Luke Hughes - Ryan Chesley
Sean Behrens - Seamus Casey
Jack Peart - Roman Schmidt
Lane Hutson

(Ty Gallagher/Aidan Hreschuk, Sam Rinzel very serious options) - we are loaded at LD

Issac Howard - Logan Cooley - Frank Nazar
Jack Hughes - Chaz Lucius - Sasha Pastujov -
Hughes can play center as well
Charlie Stramel - Cutter Gauthier - Tyler Boucher - Stramel is that potential home run
Jackson Blake - Rutger McGroarty - Jimmy Snuggerud
(Maddox Flemming, William Smith, Cam Lund, Ty Voit all next in line for me)

Dylan Silverstein
rest to be determined

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad