GDT: 2023 Running Preseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I did notice the flailing which worries me, but I guess I’m the only one who thought Elvis made a few saves that he wouldn’t have made last year. He looked better to me from a technical/positioning perspective, minus the flailing.

Reactions: MAHJ71

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
What did he say on the radio?
I heard nothing. Just "Here are his thoughts after two days", followed by something like "Can you move my mic up? I'm hot", then nothing. Just the background noise. I am watching the stream through the website.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I did notice the flailing which worries me, but I guess I’m the only one who thought Elvis made a few saves that he wouldn’t have made last year. He looked better to me from a technical/positioning perspective, minus the flailing.
Maybe so, but the flailing is a big issue and it appears to still be there right now

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
PP looks the same - anemic slow moving passes and having trouble making entries.

Youngguns80

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I know 1 pre-season game isn’t a huge barometer to measure but seeing a lot of the same tendencies as last year i.e., Elvis, PP, defensive coverage and breakouts.

this is very troublesome and Pittsburgh isn’t playing with their top dogs and we are.

That tweaking better happen quickly (Sarcasm).

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I know 1 pre-season game isn’t a huge barometer to measure but seeing a lot of the same tendencies as last year i.e., Elvis, PP, defensive coverage and breakouts.

this is very troublesome and Pittsburgh isn’t playing with their top dogs and we are.

That tweaking better happen quickly (Sarcasm).
Thats generally how the preseason works? Vets usually go through the motions and just get to feel the puck while slowly ramping up. Tweeners and rookies usually go much harder to be noticed.

Reactions: thebus88

Youngguns80

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Thats generally how the preseason works? Vets usually go through the motions and just get to feel the puck while slowly ramping up. Tweeners and rookies usually go much harder to be noticed.
Yea I know but I am talking about systems and Elvis being Elvis.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
A classic game where players fight for spots in rosters. The first two lines are on vacation, not playing at 100%, the Pens players and our bottom 6 vice versa.

Reactions: thebus88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad