2023 Prospect Poll Finale #25

Who is the Sabres' #25 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
This is it. We've finally made it to the last poll! Thanks to everyone for participating!

RESULTS SO FAR:
  1. Devon Levi, G (+4)
  2. Zach Benson, W (NR)
  3. Jiri Kulich, W (+3)
  4. Matthew Savoie, W/C (--)
  5. Noah Ostlund, C (+2)
  6. Isak Rosen, W (+3)
  7. Ryan Johnson, D (+3)
  8. Anton Wahlberg, C/W (NR)
  9. Nikita Novikov, D (+7)
  10. Prokhor Poltapov, W (+3)
  11. Viktor Neuchev, W (+3)
  12. Lukas Rousek, W (+5)
  13. Maxim Strbak, D (NR)
  14. Tyson Kozak, C (+1)
  15. Vsevolod Komarov, D (NR)
  16. Alexander Kisakov, W (-4)
  17. Olivier Nadeau, W/C (+3)
  18. Gavin McCarthy, D (NR)
  19. Mats Lindgren, D (-1)
  20. Topias Leinonen, G (+1)
  21. Filip Cederqvist, W (+1)
  22. Ethan Miedema, W (NR)
  23. Jake Richard, W (+2)
  24. Scott Ratzlaff, G (NR)

RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be let stand as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2023-24 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2023);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I didn’t know which way to go here. Huglen is the best feel-good story so went with him. But I do think there’s a drop off after 24

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Went with Murray only because of the general lack of size in most of the slots above him.

I really want to see him in the NHL for a game or two, if only to see if his skating has improved.

I really wish Adams had left a roster spot open on the 4th line (ie not signed Girgs, Okposo, AND Jost) so that Kozak, Biro, Weissbach, and Murray actually had a shot to get some NHL games this year. As it is, it is going to be a stretch to get Rousek meaningful time...

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I really want to see him in the NHL for a game or two, if only to see if his skating has improved.

I really wish Adams had left a roster spot open on the 4th line (ie not signed Girgs, Okposo, AND Jost) so that Kozak, Biro, Weissbach, and Murray actually had a shot to get some NHL games this year. As it is, it is going to be a stretch to get Rousek meaningful time...
Injuries will happen (unfortunately). They'll get their chances.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Weissbach.

I've seen enough out of Murray to know he won't be an NHLer. Biro needs to stay healthy. The rest are wild cards, still need to see development from them to consider if they have a shot.

That leaves Weissbach, who if we get 5-6 injuries makes some sense as a callup.

ZemgusWho

Jun 19, 2007
Denver
Feels like we finally hit a new tier level at 25— with the votes being all over the place.

Marjala is the only guy down here I think has a chance of being a regular, maybe, one day, if all things go right, and is still a long shot. Maybe Weissbach steals the 17th forward spot out of camp and makes me eat crow when forwards fall like flies. But otherwise, Marjala for 25!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Marjala could have a move into legit prospect levels if he does something at the Liiga level with TPS this year. Using the handy-dandy spread sheet, Huglen here for me by a shaved hair over some others. Right shot, versatile who does all of the little things which seems like he could be a pro at least at the AHL level.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Eh, it's a sideways way of saying something nice about Marjala. I am one of those who is not impressed with D+2 production rates in the U20 Finn league. But his stuff in TPS at the end of the season? That's something to be more interested in.
Oh for sure. There's no point in arguing prospects at this point. I like Huglen as well. The GIF is just Pappa Duck jumping into his silo of gold. We've got prospects for days.

For Huglen, I don't think the NCAA develops scoring well but you do find some rounded players which is what you mentioned. If any of the 20-25 turn into regs, that would be fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad