2023 Prospect Poll #9

Who is the Sabres' #9 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Novikov. Strbak Seems to be forgotten about a bit here early second round.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
We're going to have at least one non-Leinonen recent 2nd round pick fall out of the top 10. That's insane depth.
The best part is it looks like some later picks are turning out to be hits so far rather than misses in their early development

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I like Nadeau here. What he’s good at NHL teams crave; what he’s bad at they try to teach.

But the next 5 or so are all the same tier IMO. They won’t have equal results in all likelihood, but it’s beyond an even obsessed fans ability to accurately predict.

It’s really about attitude, responsiveness to training, and receptiveness to feedback.

Reactions: elchud

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I like Nadeau here. What he’s good at NHL teams crave; what he’s bad at they try to teach.

But the next 5 or so are all the same tier IMO. They won’t have equal results in all likelihood, but it’s beyond an even obsessed fans ability to accurately predict.

It’s really about attitude, responsiveness to training, and receptiveness to feedback.
I'm not sure about this personally. These are still major prospects, some have stronger strengths and weaker weaknesses that can differentiate them.

For example, I was kind of stunned at Nadeau's lack of foot speed at camp this year even though I've seen him before and read the reports. Our staff will try to help him improve, but it's a majorly uphill battle to become passable for the modern NHL. He ranks a tier down than the guys getting votes right now for that reason imo.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I'm not sure about this personally. These are still major prospects, some have stronger strengths and weaker weaknesses that can differentiate them.

For example, I was kind of stunned at Nadeau's lack of foot speed at camp this year even though I've seen him before and read the reports. Our staff will try to help him improve, but it's a majorly uphill battle to become passable for the modern NHL. He ranks a tier down than the guys getting votes right now for that reason imo.
It's concerning. If he can get to a workable point, he'll be an NHLer. I think he knows that and it's a hell of a motivation.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Novikov Poltapov Strbak Rousek

Of those 4 players, the one with the best chance of being a top-9 or top-4 is Strbak, imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad