4. Matthew Savoie, W/C (--)
  5. Noah Ostlund, C (+2)
  6. Isak Rosen, W (+3)
  7. Ryan Johnson, D (+3)
  8. Anton Wahlberg, C/W (NR)
  9. Nikita Novikov, D (+7)
  10. Prokhor Poltapov, W (+3)
  11. Viktor Neuchev, W (+3)

RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be let stand as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2023-24 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2023);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.

NEXT TO ADD: Comment the player you want to see added to the next poll. The following players are eligible:
  • Forwards: Filip Cederqvist, Linus Sjodin, Brandon Biro, Linus Weissbach, Aaron Huglen, Matteo Costantini, Gustav Karlsson, Joel Berndtsson, Stiven Sardaryan, Viljami Marjala, William von Barnekow, Jakub Konecny, Justin Richards, Brett Murray
  • Defensemen: Shane Keohane, Albert Lyckasen, Norwin Panocha
  • Goalies: Scott Ratzlaff, Topias Leinonen

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I'm flabbergasted that we're twelve deep into this poll and Rousek, who some are expecting to make the roster out of camp, is still on the board.
Me too but people view prospects differently. Some look at who is more or closer to NHL ready and some look at who has the most upside/potential.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

NHLNetwork managed to get much much much closer to reality than this public pole did

Id put Poltapov 9 and Neuchev 10. Other than that…they nailed it

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I'm flabbergasted that we're twelve deep into this poll and Rousek, who some are expecting to make the roster out of camp, is still on the board.
Don't blame me! I've been voting for him for 4 rounds now!

But even then, a guy who has a legitimate shot at making the team out of camp at 9 is still insane. The only other time I can remember a guy who was going to make the team being this low in the polls was Kaleta, and Rousek's ceiling is definitely higher than Kaleta's ever was.

The top of our prospect pool, even with the graduations of Power, Quinn, and Peterka, is still bonkers.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I can definitely see Rousek here but I went with Kozak. I think he'll be more of an impact on the ice regularly. Good probs to have.

Add Cederqvist

NHLNetwork managed to get much much much closer to reality than this public pole did

Id put Poltapov 9 and Neuchev 10. Other than that…they nailed it

Why didn't you just tell us the correct order so that we could all save some time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad