2023 Prospect Poll #10

Who is the Sabres' #10 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
At 25, I'm not including them in my prospect lists any more. I had hoped to see Murray given a game last year because he looked faster at the AHL level, yet it is something that could just be a trick of my eye. Weissbach and Biro both have the speed to make things interesting - I'm curious if they can utilize it as depth guys.

But in poll terms, I don't have 'em rated.

Rousek for me. But I’m also now in the territory of “closer to being in the NHL for a half-season” territory. I’m trying to avoid my personal preference.

But at this point we all have different voting criteria. We could be wrong, but we don’t know.

If we went by NHL23 standards, von Barnekow-Lofberg (77 rating) is #2 heading into this season just behind Levi (86 rating). Although Anderson would also be the in Rochester so… yea.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
The Russian guys are all exciting but there is still a fair bit of unknown to all of them whereas we know Rousek is close to being an NHL-ready player already and has enough skill for me to justify voting for him here.

Add Miedema

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
With the volume of prospects, I think ranking any more than 8 or 9 is meaningless. I look at them from a depth chart projection perspective. Fwds: 1st line, pos, probability of hitting; Def: pairing, handedness, probability of hitting etc. From that view we are very top heavy with fwds with similar attributes. Tough to see paths for all of them within the organization.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad