2. Zach Benson, W (NR)
  3. Jiri Kulich, W (+3)
  4. Matthew Savoie, W/C (--)
  5. Noah Ostlund, C (+2)
  6. Isak Rosen, W (+3)
  7. Ryan Johnson, D (+3)
  8. Anton Wahlberg, C/W (NR)
  9. Nikita Novikov, D (+7)

RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be let stand as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2023-24 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2023);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.

NEXT TO ADD: Comment the player you want to see added to the next poll. The following players are eligible:
  • Forwards: Ethan Miedema, Filip Cederqvist, Linus Sjodin, Brandon Biro, Linus Weissbach, Aaron Huglen, Matteo Costantini, Gustav Karlsson, Jake Richard, Joel Berndtsson, Stiven Sardaryan, Viljami Marjala, William von Barnekow, Jakub Konecny, Justin Richards, Brett Murray
  • Defensemen: Shane Keohane, Albert Lyckasen, Norwin Panocha
  • Goalies: Scott Ratzlaff, Topias Leinonen

Last edited:

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Poltapov is the most overlooked and underrated prospect in the system.

COVID, the Ukraine, his KHL contract, and the sheer depth of Buffalo’s prospect pool, has put him below the radar here, and he’s practically unheard of outside Buffalo and Russia.

Should be an NHLer because he’s gritty enough to play in the bottom six and might be talented enough to do more.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Neuchev, add Miedema

As an aside, I feel like I'm sleeping on Weissbach and Biro, and perhaps even Murray a bit too. Is their ceiling firmly in Luke Adam/TJ Brennan territory, or is there a functional NHL role player there that hasn't been given the chance yet?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Neuchev, add Miedema

As an aside, I feel like I'm sleeping on Weissbach and Biro, and perhaps even Murray a bit too. Is their ceiling firmly in Luke Adam/TJ Brennan territory, or is there a functional NHL role player there that hasn't been given the chance yet?

Murray would definitely carve out an NHL career in a different era, but the league is too much about speed right now for him.

Reactions: Jacob582

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Neuchev, add Miedema

At 25, I'm not including them in my prospect lists any more. I had hoped to see Murray given a game last year because he looked faster at the AHL level, yet it is something that could just be a trick of my eye. Weissbach and Biro both have the speed to make things interesting - I'm curious if they can utilize it as depth guys.

But in poll terms, I don't have 'em rated.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Neuchev, add Miedema

There more towards the bottom 16-20 range for me personally too many good prospects

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
I had to stop voting after 7. I don't think I can accurately rank these guys without constantly changing my mind. That said add Cederqvist.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad