Celtics/NBA 2023 Playoffs Round 3 - Back to South Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Heat have been fortunate. They played against a healthy Giannis for 11 minute in their series and while the Knicks are a tough and gritty team they lack high end scoring. Randle also wasn't the same after injuring his ankle. This was after the Hawks blew them out in the play-in and the awful Bulls had the lead going into the 4Q against them. Jimmy Butler is awesome but i don't think he's played as well since rolling his ankle against the Knicks. Is 5 days off going to be enough time for him to get healthy enough to play like he did against the Bucks?

It's only been a year but i think their team is a lot worse than they were when the two teams played last ecf.

Butler isn't as healthy as he was in last years playoffs
Bam is the same player
Tyler Herro has a broken hand and hasn't started dribbling yet, possibly back at the end of the series if it goes that long
Kyle Lowry is healthy and playing a little better than he did last playoffs but he's not the player he was in Toronto
Victor Oladipo is out for the year
Then you have the average rotation pieces like Strus, Robinson, Vincent, Martin and Zeller. First four all give you some shooting but they all are guys Tatum and Brown could get the switch onto and feast.

Spoelstra is a top 3 coach and will throw stuff at the Celtics but i think the talent gap is just too big and i'm more worried about the Celtics costing themselves games than the Heat.

Reactions: lopey

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Doc getting fired because Embiid and Harden are career playoff chokers is pretty funny. I get it though, you can't change out the players.

Reactions: Alicat

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
only a couple of months until harden leaves and embiid requests a trade following that

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Still bitter over 2010? I am too.

I mean, yes, but not at Doc specifically.

But his post-season record is a nightmare since his only title. He's blown a 3-1 lead twice with different organizations, 3-2 leads multiple times, and he's failed with some wildly talented teams. A horrible coach and I hate that Philly fired him.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I think the Celtics will struggle to beat Miami if PLAYOFF Jimmy has good games throughout the series. Erik Spoelstra is a good coach so IMO he will out-coach Mazzula. I think we need balanced offense each game from Tatum and Brown, and their turnovers and lost balls must be reduced. The two bigs must be in the starting lineup. Horford can't have a cold hand shooting 3s. Would be nice to beat Miami in 4 so they can rest, going into the finals. These long series takes it's toll on the players.

Go Celtics

Reactions: quietbruinfan

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Doc Rivers and blowing 3-2 series leads, name a more iconic duo.

For real though, he's a mediocre coach who had his career made because of KG, Pierce, and Allen.

Makes no adjustments.

Has lost FIVE game 7s in a row, 10 overall. Has blown seven series leads since leaving Boston.

Thanks for 2008, but I'm pretty sure 95% of NBA coaches would've won that title.

Last edited:

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Doc Rivers and blowing 3-2 series leads, name a more iconic duo.

For real though, he's a mediocre coach who had his career made because of KG, Pierce, and Allen.

Makes no adjustments.

Has lost FIVE game 7s in a row, 10 overall. Has blown seven series leads since leaving Boston.

Thanks for 2008, but I'm pretty sure 95% of NBA coaches would've won that title.

Also the only coach to blow three 3-1 leads in NBA history.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I guess I was just so relieved they didnt start at 9 that 8:30 made me happy. Considering games in LA will start at the same time feels like a pretty good compromise for both coasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00