Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off Season - Xander Bogaerts and Padres agree to 11-year, $280M deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Horrible. Looking like Christian Arroyo is our starting shortstop.

As for JD, if Hosmer's out of the picture then there's a spot for him. And despite the strange drop of homers he's still a doubles machine and a more productive hitter than Hosmer, but Hosmer was essentially free and they're going to probably be giving him $16 million or so. But they've got room to play with since they're under the luxury tax by about $40 million. And at least he'll provide leadership and continuity.

The women's soccer league will probably fold by the time that contract is finished though.

Not even close. That league and women's soccer in general is EXTREMELY popular and profitable. Angel City FC is the new expansion team and lots of celebrities have invested. You'd be surprised at how well the NWSL does. My sister is a season ticket holder for Gotham FC.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Not even close. That league and women's soccer in general is EXTREMELY popular and profitable. Angel City FC is the new expansion team and lots of celebrities have invested. You'd be surprised at how well the NWSL does. My sister is a season ticket holder for Gotham FC.
YOU'RE FORGETTING the Revolution and Revolution II USL...... never mind the potential of a USL franchise in Portland, ME

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
this is a completely different Breakers franchise..... the Breakers still exist in NEW Orleans......USFL/XFL.... isn't NWSL.....
Screenshot_20221217_172018_Chrome.jpg

They don't exist anymore but they DID. Anywho, rumors are swirling an expansion team in Boston could happen again. It's very popular.

YOU'RE FORGETTING the Revolution and Revolution II USL...... never mind the potential of a USL franchise in Portland, ME
Not forgetting. Just speaking explicitly about WOMENS soccer here, not men's

Reactions: EverettMike

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
View attachment 623036

They don't exist anymore but they DID. Anywho, rumors are swirling an expansion team in Boston could happen again. It's very popular.
DISSOLVED means there also was USFL BY THE SAME NAME, It wasn't the NWSL either, it was the predecessor league..... because only the Washington Spirit transferred from THE then WUSA

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You loved seeing a business fold and people lose the jobs?

Weird.
🙄 No. I loved the Breakers. It folded before womens soccer got really popular but I loved the team.

DISSOLVED means there also was USFL BY THE SAME NAME, It wasn't the NWSL either, it was the predecessor league..... because only the Washington Spirit transferred from THE then WUSA

The NWSL is new. I know. I'm aware. I don't know why we're debating semantics or this at all. Dansby chose to go to the Cubs because Mal plays in Chicago too. It was a no brainer. That's all.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bloom signed his SS last year, no need to sign one this year. Next level thinking on his part ...
Story's range and glove are good but the arm strength has regressed with injury to the point where he's not long for the shortstop position. Plus, the benefit of getting him was for locking up the right side of the infield when the shift got banned.

Plus, you move him to short and then you've got the same questions of who's playing 2nd. If Kike, then who's playing CF?

Arroyo at short and Story at 2nd is probably better than Story at short and Arroyo at 2nd. Though they could even platoon it where if the opposing team has more lefties you put Story at 2nd and if they have more righties they put him at short. I don't know though, there really doesn't seem to be a plan that they've thought out that far in advance either way.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Can’t make plans for the future on what a kid in A-ball does, no matter how special they may appear. If this isn’t Boras blowing smoke for whatever reason and this is the front offices thinking then that’s an issue!

The most maddening thing is the statements about how they were all in on Bogaerts. Total BS if what Boras is saying is true. The mixed messages from this ownership group and management team is unreal. Trading some guys and keeping others at the deadline, one year insulting extension offers for the franchise player. The prospect guru from Tampa trading the former face of the franchise for what ended up being pennies on the dollar. What a joke. I don't think that the Chaimster can handle this marker.

The Red Sox are really in on nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad