2023 Non-Stars Playoff Discussion

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I've seen this sentiment quite alot. Why do some of us dislike Hill? Is he a fraud for outplaying Oettinger?
Because I don't think he had to do anything. Vegas was great in front of him. He made a couple circus saves and that was about it. Don't get me wrong he made the stops he needed to make, but going into the finals there was some weird narrative about how great he's been. Nah dawg, he's done his job but let's not oversell it.

Someone is gonna overpay this dude this summer. And by 'someone' I'm looking at you Kevin Cheveldayoff.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Because I don't think he had to do anything. Vegas was great in front of him. He made a couple circus saves and that was about it. Don't get me wrong he made the stops he needed to make, but going into the finals there was some weird narrative about how great he's been. Nah dawg, he's done his job but let's not oversell it.

Someone is gonna overpay this dude this summer. And by 'someone' I'm looking at you Kevin Cheveldayoff.
Oh okay. I don't really disagree about his performence but I guess I'm less annoyed by the narratives. Guess it helped that I didn't watch the finals.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Goalies are f***ed up- Adin Hill basically guaranteed himself a payday in the same ballpark as Jordan Binnington/Darcy Kuemper. Chances are he ends up looking like a pumpkin next year but who knows.

there's probably 10+ GM's creaming their pants thinking about stanley cup pedigree now too

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Every single year we see that all you need is a goalie who doesn't actively hurt you. You can have the most skilled guy in the league but if you overwork him he could end up playing at a lower level than a guy previously considered an AHL/NHL tweener.

Reactions: Elysian and LT

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Every single year we see that all you need is a goalie who doesn't actively hurt you. You can have the most skilled guy in the league but if you overwork him he could end up playing at a lower level than a guy previously considered an AHL/NHL tweener.
he actively made some ridiculous saves as well. imo a flash in the pan, but still he had moments where he was absolutely electric and kept the game from turning in florida's favor. caught fire at exactly the right time, both for the knights and his career

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022

Winnipeg would not be a bad place for him to land. Bowness will focus his defense on supporting him like he did with Oettinger in Dallas. They just need better defensive players which seems like they are going to go get while moving out the top offensive players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad