League News: 2023 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Consiglieri

Feb 19, 2007
My thoughts as well, I hope I'm wrong though and all and all, if you'd told me we'd get a nice defenseman, 2 2nd's and 2 3rds for guys we weren't going to keep anyway, I'd take it, it's a good, if limited, partial reboot. They just need to make bigger long term moves in the offseason and let go of the idea that this team is competiting for anything. They aren't and if you aren't contending, you should be blowing it up. Ovy or no Ovy.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
K - quick guesses, which, if any, Caps get moved today?
Not sure there will be any players outgoing ... but if Carly is gonna be out for the season, BMac has a bunch of LTIR cap space to use as a 3rd party partner that can absorb some of a cap hit for a team that doesn't have the space. Might be able to bring in a mid-round pick or two.

Reactions: Marshall

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I think Sheary will be traded for a 3rd, and Craig Smith dumped for a 7th.
Craig Smith was available for free via waivers a while ago, and nobody bit. The only way the Capitals will get a taker is if they retain salary on Smith. But the Capitals only have one slot left to retain salary.

The Consiglieri

Feb 19, 2007
God I hate these time-filling interviews all day.
I've often wondered who the audience for it is? Reminds me of stupid interviews during the NFL draft with exec's w/teams. I'd much rather just see more analysis from the draft insiders, maybe an analytics team, than just propaganda being vomited up to gullible fans about their teams genius.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Did ESPN+ stop airing TSN's TradeCentre special two hours early? My feed suddenly said the event had ended, now it's not available.

(Not that there's anything happening worth watching.)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
nhl tdl do something.gif

Reactions: Misery74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad