2023 NHL Playoffs Discussion

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Tampa and Toronto is already set. Just wanted to get a specific thread going to talk about the upcoming playoffs and as more series get set, have our predictions posted in here.

To discuss the first series that is locked in, Toronto and Tampa. Toronto is probably the better team at this point, but Ill take the Bolts in 7. I think the goaltending will be the difference and everyone in Toronto will be fired/contract not renewed.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Tampa and Toronto is already set. Just wanted to get a specific thread going to talk about the upcoming playoffs and as more series get set, have our predictions posted in here.

To discuss the first series that is locked in, Toronto and Tampa. Toronto is probably the better team at this point, but Ill take the Bolts in 7. I think the goaltending will be the difference and everyone in Toronto will be fired/contract not renewed.
Gonna be a close one. Toronto got better, Tampa's D got weaker. I thought Toronto outplayed Tampa last year. Not sure if Tampa pulls it off this year, but hard to doubt that team.

Reactions: Muffinalt

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’m picking Edmonton this year. I love their Bears-esque alternate jerseys, McDrai is even better this year than they were last year, Draisaitl is healthy, and they’re on a tear since they upgraded their defense at the TDL.

The league needs McDavid to win a Cup and I hope it happens

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I’m picking Edmonton this year. I love their Bears-esque alternate jerseys, McDrai is even better this year than they were last year, Draisaitl is healthy, and they’re on a tear since they upgraded their defense at the TDL.

The league needs McDavid to win a Cup and I hope it happens
I probably have them getting to the finals, but not sure they take whoever comes out of the east. McD winning the Cup with this year's team would be insane if he could pull it off. And he can. I just don't think it happens.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Only two teams of interest for me are TB and Rangers. Hawks want Rangers to get to the conference finals and TB to lose in the first two rounds.

TB would have to get through the Bruins to go to the conference finals, so I feel good about that one. Rangers need to go through Devils and then Carolina/Panthers. Seems very doable.

Hawks have a good shot of getting Rangers pick upgraded to the first round and to keep TB's 1st rounder at 20 instead of 28-32.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Only two teams of interest for me are TB and Rangers. Hawks want Rangers to get to the conference finals and TB to lose in the first two rounds.

TB would have to get through the Bruins to go to the conference finals, so I feel good about that one. Rangers need to go through Devils and then Carolina/Panthers. Seems very doable.

Hawks have a good shot of getting Rangers pick upgraded to the first round and to keep TB's 1st rounder at 20 instead of 28-32.

Exactly this.
Beyond these two points, I don't really care who wins or loses.

Still, if the Leafs lose in game 7 of the 1st round again? I'll have a good laugh.

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
Interested to see how the Kraken do, one of those teams that I think will be fun to watch as a neutral viewer, as they have a lot of scoring depth and below average goaltending.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
What Eddie wants, Eddie gets. (except for better draft odds...thanks Buddy Robinson and Anders Bjork)

East:

ECF:
Toronto vs. New York Rangers

West:

WCF:
Colorado vs. Edmonton

FINALS: Edmonton vs. New York - Kaner gets another Cup.

No we don't. If they lose in the 2nd round we still get pick 20.
Pick #19, hopefully. Go Jets.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
No we don't. If they lose in the 2nd round we still get pick 20.

I'd rather not take that chance. Hockey is anybody can beat anybody. Injuries, puck luck, etc are a thing. Tampa is a team that does remind me of the Hawks winning teams. Go through the motions in the regular season then turn it up in the playoffs. Let the Leafs lose to the Bruins in that case.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd rather not take that chance. Hockey is anybody can beat anybody. Injuries, puck luck, etc are a thing. Tampa is a team that does remind me of the Hawks winning teams. Go through the motions in the regular season then turn it up in the playoffs. Let the Leafs lose to the Bruins in that case.
I would rather take the chance than see the Leafs win a round.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I'm calling it now ... Leafs make it to the 2nd round.
Sayonara Tampa and welcome to our 20 OA '23 pick ... maybe 19th! Come on Peg!

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Season series results for confirmed playoff matchups

Boston over Florida 2-1-1
Carolina over Islanders 3-1-0
Toroto over Tampa 2-0-1
New Jersey over Rangers 3-0-1
Edmonton and LA tied 2-2-0
Vegas over Jets 3-0-0

Ad

Upcoming events