Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
For the last time, it is absolutely 100% a correct statement! The definition of winning the lottery means winning 1 of the 2 drawings, like your team is literally chosen. Nashville (15) and Calgary (16) can win the lottery. The Ducks do not have to win the 2OA drawing (aka winning the lottery) to pick 2nd.
He’s never wrong. He writes a ton of words!

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
For the last time, it is absolutely 100% a correct statement! The definition of winning the lottery means winning 1 of the 2 drawings, like your team is literally chosen. Nashville (15) and Calgary (16) can win the lottery. The Ducks do not have to win the 2OA drawing (aka winning the lottery) to pick 2nd.

Took me a while to get, but here you are. Habs win the first draw, and Buffalo the second. Giving Ducks the #2 pick without winning either draw.
81C5FC6C-C51C-4B3C-88CB-98BD60E3B6D1.png

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
How badly would the board explode if Ottawa (Pick to Arizona) won 1st overall and Coyotes won 2nd... making the top 3 picks Duck, Coyotes, Coyotes and dropping Chicago out of the top 4?

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So here is the 64k dollar question, if we drop to 2nd, do we draft Fantilli or Carlsson. I think these WC’s may really tell the tale for these players final position.

Last edited:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Fantilli all the way if we drop to #2. Hell, he'd probably have been First overall in every Draft since the Ducks' inaugural season sans '05, '15 and this year.
I'm gonna nickname Fantilli: Fanta
Interesting part is that Orange Fanta was developed in Italy and his surname is italian.

Reactions: Moby Duck

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I go fantilli personally, but not sad if we go carlsson

When our worst case is Carlsson, gotta feel really good. That video with Wild Wing, makes me believe one of those three will be a Duck.

Don’t want to take the risk on Michkov. I think the organization feels that way also. We are a little more ahead in the rebuild than some of the other bottom teams who can afford to wait.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
When our worst case is Carlsson, gotta feel really good. That video with Wild Wing, makes me believe one of those three will be a Duck.

Don’t want to take the risk on Michkov. I think the organization feels that way also. We are a little more ahead in the rebuild than some of the other bottom teams who can afford to wait.
I think michkov is close to bedard lvl talent and whoever gets him will be stoked….

I imagine 1 of San Jose Chicago or columbus will go for him…. I don’t see us going for him even at 3rd

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Watching game 2 yesterday live and rooting for Vegas over Edmonton was like watching a 5 year old try to successfully conduct invasive surgery, so I'm hoping the Ducks give me a reason to be happy tomorrow. I'll still be pleased to have a chance at Fantilli or Carlsson but Bedard would be awesome.

So here is the 64k dollar question, if we stop to 2nd, do we draft Fantilli or Carlsson. I think these WC’s may really tell the tale for these players final position.
I change my mind every hour lol. Carlsson plays a much more mature game while having a very high skillset on top of an NHL ready body which makes him stronger in the puck. Fantilli has a better package of intensity/tenacity and being able to execute skilled plays at a higher pace which to me lends to a slightly higher upside if all goes well with his development. Both are about even in terms of vision and hockey IQ.

I think at this point Carlsson has a slightly higher floor while Fantilli has a higher top end upside.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
So here is the 64k dollar question, if we drop to 2nd, do we draft Fantilli or Carlsson. I think these WC’s may really tell the tale for these players final position.

I would be watching this WC far more closely than ever before, that's for sure.

As of now, I'd have absolutely no disappointment in ending up with either of the two, but lean towards Fantilli because he seems to have that dog in him.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Watching game 2 yesterday live and rooting for Vegas over Edmonton was like watching a 5 year old try to successfully conduct invasive surgery, so I'm hoping the Ducks give me a reason to be happy tomorrow. I'll still be pleased to have a chance at Fantilli or Carlsson but Bedard would be awesome.

I change my mind every hour lol. Carlsson plays a much more mature game while having a very high skillset on top of an NHL ready body which makes him stronger in the puck. Fantilli has a better package of intensity/tenacity and being able to execute skilled plays at a higher pace which to me lends to a slightly higher upside if all goes well with his development. Both are about even in terms of vision and hockey IQ.

I think at this point Carlsson has a slightly higher floor while Fantilli has a higher top end upside.

Good to see you got home ok, lol. Brutal game and felt like that Game 7 from the Rangers.

Anyway, yeah I think both players are very close and either can end up being the better player and honestly it’s a good problem to have in regards to who to choose. I think both have the potential to be franchise players.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Good to see you got home ok, lol. Brutal game and felt like that Game 7 from the Rangers.

Anyway, yeah I think both players are very close and either can end up being the better player and honestly it’s a good problem to have in regards to who to choose. I think both have the potential to be franchise players.
Found a less crowded place to have dinner, so food, time, and the walk back to my car helped me sober up. Was on the strip for hours. But yeah only alcohol could make that game palatable. At least watching McDavid live was special. Even if he's an opposing player, he adds to the price of admission.

Which is part of what has me wishing stronger that we win first overall. If Bedard can make it to 85% of the special talent McDavid is, that would make the next decade+ of Ducks hockey a special time to be a fan.

Like I know even if we lose, we win in this draft. But I was thinking about that a lot watching McDavid in person. This is as close as we're gonna get to that level of talent since 2005.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Its so hard to pick between Fantilli and Calsson.

I love watching Calsson play more but he needs to work on his shot. Zegras had the same problem and now has an awesome shot so I think he can fix it but it is an issue. Besides that I love his skill and puck protection.

Fantilli is fast and has the edge we are missing. The reports of him playing too much hero puck and needing to work on his team play is concerning. Not exactly what you want to hear about a prospect but it could be that he is just so much better than everyone else that it just works at his level. Reports of him taking feedback and working on the areas of his game that he needs to bode well for him.

I think Fantilli fills out our roster better as he has more to his game that we are lacking. To even have a choice of these two is so damn good.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I think michkov is close to bedard lvl talent and whoever gets him will be stoked….

I imagine 1 of San Jose Chicago or columbus will go for him…. I don’t see us going for him even at 3rd
Small sample size but Michkov's stats with the Russia u25 team currently playing a tournament against powerhouses Belarus and Kazakhstan are not awe inspiring. 4 games 1 goal 1 assist. He isn't superman.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

There's gotta be someone in the Anaheim media org that can embellish the Wolverine with a frame meme to be Wild Wing with all three prospects inside the frame.

Reactions: Leonardo87

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I would disagree with anyone saying Michkov would be a #1 overall contender if not for the political situation in Russia.

Bedard is the guy. It’s as clear cut as it gets. He’s one of the best prospects of all time.

I actually think michkov and Fantilli are very similar level prospects in terms of hockey ability.

Carlsson is a bit of a wild card to me. I think he’s a bit of a project and could see him taking time to figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad