Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The ways people find to emotionally cope with probability are ... interesting.
I mean I don't know who you're specifically referring to but for me it's more like I accept and understand how it works, I accept we get a great prize no matter what happens tomorrow. But the opportunity left to raw dispassionate odds, it is a bit of a bummer to think we very conceivably won't win that RNG draw.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If we don't get #1, Bedard going to Columbus will keep him out of the western conference and piss off the big market teams on the east.

Reactions: Son of Gib

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If we don't get #1, Bedard going to Columbus will keep him out of the western conference and piss off the big market teams on the east.
just as long as he doesn't end up in SJ or chicago. even the coyotes i could deal with

but i still think it'll be a team like vancouver, philly, or the blues that ends up moving up a ton of spots and landing him

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
just as long as he doesn't end up in SJ or chicago. even the coyotes i could deal with

but i still think it'll be a team like vancouver, philly, or the blues that ends up moving up a ton of spots and landing him
I kind of wonder if it would be better to have a system where the bottom 4 teams all have a 25% chance at #1 pick and it keeps other teams from jumping too many spots but also that the worst team can't fall more than 1 spot.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
My favorite comparisons i’ve seen for Carlsson are Malkin and Kopitar. He really does remind my of Kopi just the way he moves.
Some people have compared him to Rantanen as well who's a 100 point player in his own right.

At the end of the day, Bedard would be exciting because of the attention the Ducks would get, but I think we're talking about maybe a guy who's projected to score 110-120 points vs guys who are maybe projected to be 80-100 point players. substantively i don't know if it really is that big of a difference.

Reactions: LePerilsofPerreault
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad