NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Divisional Round: (3) Detroit Lions vs (4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

DET vs TB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Baker threw a good ball there (maybe a fraction late), but the Detroit DB made a great play. Oh well, gg Detroit, gl next week.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I still don’t understand what happened at the end

Lions snapped the last ball with 15 on the play clock and TB chose to eat their time out for seemingly no reason other than conceding the game

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Last night, we were told Love is the worst QB ever because of an interception at essentially the same time left.
An absolutely terrible int on a throw that a HS QB should know not to make vs a slightly late read that a DB made a great read and play on...Love's game sealing int was one of the worst throws I've ever seen in that kind of situation (especially only needing a fg).

Reactions: Hoek

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It helps when the QB is routinely decisive in getting rid of the ball and the QB/C sets protections right. Smurf Baker still hasn't gotten that. Love has had many encounters where hesitation would have resulted in sacks.
It’s just funny that I appear to be defending Baker Mayfield just by saying he basically had the same season and same playoff game as Jordan Love.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
An absolutely terrible int on a throw that a HS QB should know not to make vs a slightly late read that a DB made a great read and play on...Love's game sealing int was one of the worst throws I've ever seen in that kind of situation (especially only needing a fg).
Both were bad decisions with identical outcomes.

I think both QBs had good games.

Lions snapped the last ball with 15 on the play clock and TB chose to eat their time out for seemingly no reason other than conceding the game
My guess is the Tampa coaching staff lost track of the downs or their timeouts.

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Both were bad decisions with identical outcomes.

I think both QBs had good games.
Nah, one was a slightly poor throw to what was an open target, the other was a complete disaster of a decision back across the field into triple coverage. Both QBs had solid games, but Love had the far worse picks.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

I think it was just a mutual acknowledgement that if the Lions had wanted they could have iced the game regardless of timeouts. They snapped first down at 1:33 and the Bucs had 1 timeout. So 2 plays with time running is 1:20 which means they only have to kill 13 seconds by slow kneeling or on 4th down by doing one of the silly long snap waste time running around kneeldown/throwaway things.

Either way Bucs don't have a chance of forcing anything that gives them a chance like if there was 1:50 or something and you might think you can get a missed/blocked FG and then the ball back with 10-15 seconds left for a chance at a hail mary and 2 pointer.

Once the Bucs didn't call TO on first down that was the unspoken agreement that they didn't have to worry about playing games. Technically the Bucs could have called a TO after the fast snap on second down, but that type of thing comes back to haunt you really, really bad because people are gonna take it out on you if you're ever kneeling in the future.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad