Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
No big surprise here.

from espn.com:

Veteran forward Danillo Gallinari has exercised his $6.8 million player option to return to the Boston Celtics for the 2023-24 season, his agent, Michael Tellem of Excel Sports Management, told ESPN on Thursday.

Having nearly reached a full recovery from a torn ACL in his left knee that caused him to miss the 2022-23 season, Gallinari will get to make his franchise debut this year in what is expected to be a sizable role for the Celtics.

Gallinari was injured playing for his native Italy in a FIBA qualifying game in August. He had signed a two-year, $13.3 million deal with the Celtics last offseason that included the player option for the second season.

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I hope the Pels trade that bum Zion. They could be a consistent playoff team w/o him.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I think Ayton has to be involved looking at it.

PHX can't trade any 1st rounders after Durant deal - the only thing they can offer are 1st round pick swaps in 2024 and 2026, which will mean sweet **** all to the Wiz if they are blowing it up.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wiz fans uninterested in ayton as return
Not gonna have a choice if they want to move Beal. You have to take money back. They could involve other teams too, but moving Beal has nothing to do with value.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Beal’s contract is terrible but he makes a lot of sense for Miami because he can create his own shot and help Jimmy on offense.

He makes a lot less sense for the Suns as another expensive scorer, who does a lot of his work in midrange. He also plays the same position as Booker so either Booker moves to PG like he did when Paul got hurt or KD moves to PF. IMO, the Suns should be trying to fill out depth around their two stars.

Reactions: Jack Straw
Sep 19, 2008

"Speaking of the Lakers, I just want you guys to know this is breaking news: I'm thinking about retiring. Only kidding, only kidding."

This, of course, was a reference to James saying he will consider retirement this offseason after the Lakers' 113-111 Game 4 loss. James, who had been in France as the official starter for 24 Hours of Le Mans, appears to have caught wind of the wisecrack and responded with an Instagram post.

giphy.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The last couple super teams that were thrown together just based on big name players haven’t worked out well. At some point the big name player also needs to fit with the team.
Other than LeBron, draft-and-develop has still been the way for how long now?

Has it ever really worked other than the Celtics getting Garnett and Ray Allen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad