• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Kasper here

I love the look of our prospect pool right now. Can't remember the last time I felt this good about it. We are beginning to stockpile some serious talent

And that doesn't include the two 1st and three 2nds we have this draft

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Cossa should end up much higher in the pantheon than a year ago. Maybe third. But I'll go with Kasper for second.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Cossa should end up much higher in the pantheon than a year ago. Maybe third. But I'll go with Kasper for second.
Not to turn this into a Cossa thread but ff our 3rd best prospect is in the ECHL in his D+2 season, this prospect pool is way worse than we all think. He's had a nice bounce back after his start but he hasn't proven anything yet. TBH our prospect pool is deep but lacks super high end talent, hopefully our draft this year can fix that.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Not to turn this into a Cossa thread but ff our 3rd best prospect is in the ECHL in his D+2 season, this prospect pool is way worse than we all think. He's had a nice bounce back after his start but he hasn't proven anything yet. TBH our prospect pool is deep but lacks super high end talent, hopefully our draft this year can fix that.
I'd agree if he were a forward. But seeing such a young goaltender already pushing this hard for a spot in Grand Rapids is worth a lot to me.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
It was a wonderful decision to keep Cossa in the ECHL. If Cossa was forced to play in Grand Rapids this season it would have ruined his career. I was very impressed by the mental toughness he showed this year. But im not going to pretend i know exactly how good he is.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Cossa has had a tremendous season but he's still a bit away from the NHL. Kasper, who is even younger, is pretty much primed to be a middle 6 forward next season and the team seems sky high on him. Kasper plays the right way and brings the kind of complete game coaches dream of. He's the easy #2 but Cossa isn't far off at all.

Add Hanas. He's done a lot to improve his clout the last couple of years.

Reactions: saska sault

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I think you greatly underestimate the ceiling of our top two prospects. A 1D and a hard nosed 2C are true foundational building blocks. Most people don't appreciate that Cossa has a new coach and is learning new techniques. That is by no means easy when you play a position that greatly relies on reflexes. His stock remains high. Then come two defenseman that can play in the top four, followed by a couple wingers that can play up and down the line-up

Damn, not a bad pool considering the recent graduates.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I had questions about Kaspers ultimate offensive upside. I love the player though, he just plays such a solid game. I also like his competitiveness, we have needed more of it and he brings that along with plus speed. Where he lands on the scoring end of things will ultimately determine 1st line versus 2nd line. I have been nothing but encouraged when watching him. He seems like an answer, smart guys that play hard are pretty easy to root for.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think you greatly underestimate the ceiling of our top two prospects. A 1D and a hard nosed 2C are true foundational building blocks. Most people don't appreciate that Cossa has a new coach and is learning new techniques. That is by no means easy when you play a position that greatly relies on reflexes. His stock remains high. Then come two defenseman that can play in the top four, followed by a couple wingers that can play up and down the line-up

The graduate part of this is the big part. I always like when the do a U-23 or U-25 organizational chart for this reason. I also think our pool has a lot to do with how you feel about Mazur and Wallinder,

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007

Not a bad prospect pool by any means, but its definitely around league average. Which even after graduating Raymond/Seider/Berggren is disappointing for the worst team in the NHL the past 7 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad