6.) Montreal Canadiens: David Reinbacher

7.) Philadelphia Flyers: Matthew Wood

8.) Vancouver Canucks: Matvei Mitchkov

9.) Saint Louis Blues: Dalibor Dvorsky

10.) Washington Capitals: Eduard Sale

11.) Detroit Red Wings: Brayden Yager

12.) Buffalo Sabres: Zach Benson

Feedback appreciated and welcomed…

Already anticipating the people who only read public consensus lists and don’t know how NHL franchises actually assess talent

Last edited:

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012
Ran tankathon for the lottery,

1. ) Columbus Blue Jackets : Connor Bedard

2.) Anaheim Ducks: Adam Fantili

3. ) San Jose Sharks: Leo Carlson

4.) Chicago Black Hawks: Will Smith

5.) Arizona Coyotes: Colby Barlow

Already anticipating the people who only read public consensus lists and don’t know how NHL franchises actually assess talent
No chance Mitchkov drops to number 8. Too much talent to pass on him.

carl jung

Mar 11, 2023
No chance Mitchkov drops to number 8. Too much talent to pass on him.
We’ll see on draft day my friend.

There are too many negative/risky factors to say that he will go top 5. These include:

1.) being located in Russia while the Ukrainian conflict. Can’t ensure a safe release to North America.

2.) undersized , don’t know how that will translate to a smaller ice surface where physicality is promoted way more.

3.) Is under contract for another 3 ? years. What if he just refuses to sign with whoever drafts him and dips, teams can’t waste a high draft pick on that. I chose Vancouver here , because they have a good track record with Russians recently, I could also see BC boy Wood getting taken or a center like Dvorksy or Yager

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Ran tankathon for the lottery,

1. ) Columbus Blue Jackets : Connor Bedard

2.) Anaheim Ducks: Adam Fantili

3. ) San Jose Sharks: Leo Carlson

4.) Chicago Black Hawks: Will Smith

5.) Arizona Coyotes: Colby Barlow

If you already know how people are going to respond why post this? I have lots of thoughts on this and was about to post them but you obviously don’t want to have a conversation.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I don’t see the Habs taking a DMan that high while passing on the elite forward talent still sitting there. They might grab one with the Florida pick but not with their own.

Reactions: Habsrule

carl jung

Mar 11, 2023
P
If you already know how people are going to respond why post this? I have lots of thoughts on this and was about to post them but you obviously don’t want to have a conversation.
Please share them , I am more than willing to have a civil discussion about my mock and would be happy to answer any questions you may have

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
P

Please share them , I am more than willing to have a civil discussion about my mock and would be happy to answer any questions you may have
1. I am upset you did not continue spinning until the Sharks won the lottery :sarcasm:

2. I don’t know if I agree with Smith so high. I’d be interest in your thoughts here. Good player but I think his skating concerns and two way game don’t make up enough for his offensive/playmaking.

3. Barlow is 100% the type of player GMs overvalue but I highly doubt he goes that high. I just don’t see the overall upside to justify taking him that high.

4. Matthew Wood same thing as Barlow but on a higher level.

5. I like the Reinbacher placement. I think I’m higher on him than most.

6. Michkov I see sliding unless he has stellar interviews. He shouldn’t slide but I predict him in the 5-7 range so not a huge difference him opinion.

7. Benson will definitely be a top 6 pick in my opinion. Yes he’s smaller but he reminds me so much of Pavelski in the way he holds himself.

So I’d love to hear your opinion on the Smith, Barlow, Wood, and Benson picks.

Reactions: ottawa

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Interesting mock! It goes against the "consensus" grain a little bit but i could 100% see a team drafting their top rated D man in the 6-8 range and can see a guy like Wood entering into the equation.

Mitchkov is going to be super interesting. Seems like quite the fall but really would teams like Montreal and Philadelphia realistically draft that player in those spots?

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
For Christ sake i hope you are wrong at 6 :help: if they take the D with Michkov available…

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
1. I am upset you did not continue spinning until the Sharks won the lottery :sarcasm:

2. I don’t know if I agree with Smith so high. I’d be interest in your thoughts here. Good player but I think his skating concerns and two way game don’t make up enough for his offensive/playmaking.

3. Barlow is 100% the type of player GMs overvalue but I highly doubt he goes that high. I just don’t see the overall upside to justify taking him that high.

4. Matthew Wood same thing as Barlow but on a higher level.

5. I like the Reinbacher placement. I think I’m higher on him than most.

6. Michkov I see sliding unless he has stellar interviews. He shouldn’t slide but I predict him in the 5-7 range so not a huge difference him opinion.

7. Benson will definitely be a top 6 pick in my opinion. Yes he’s smaller but he reminds me so much of Pavelski in the way he holds himself.

So I’d love to hear your opinion on the Smith, Barlow, Wood, and Benson picks.
If the Sharks drop to 4 unlikely they'll pass on Michkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad