Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Results:

RankPlayerDraft PositionVote %2022 Result2021 Result
1Luke Hughes2021 Round 1 #4 Overall89.1Luke HughesLuke Hughes
2Simon Nemec2022 Round 1 #2 Overall92.5Simon NemecDawson Mercer
3Alexander Holtz2020 Round 1 #7 Overall39.1Alexander HoltzAlexander Holtz
4Akira Schmid2018 Round 5 #136 Overall43.8Arseni GritsyukNolan Foote
5Seamus Casey2022 Round 2 #46 Overall57.6Shakir MukhamadullinShakir Mukhamadullin
6Arseni Gritsyuk2019 Round 5 #129 Overall86.9Fabian ZetterlundKevin Bahl
7Lenni Hameenaho2023 Round 2 #58 Overall55.3Nikita OkhotiukGraeme Clarke
8Topias Vilen2021 Round 5 #129 Overall48.9Seamus CaseyChase Stillman

Last Pick: Topias Vilen - Utica Comets / AHL

Vilen.jpg

Added: Artem Barabosha

Eligible Players:

Shane Bowers
Cole Brady
Cole Brown
Chase Cheslock
Ethan Edwards
Brian Halonen
Santeri Hatakka
Peter Hauser
Viktor Hurtig
Charlie Leddy
Jakub Malek
Case McCarthy
Daniil Misyul
Patrick Moynihan
Nikita Popugayev
Jaromir Pytlik
Samu Salminen
Artem Shlaine
Cam Squires
Tyce Thompson
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev

Selected:
Alexander Holtz
Luke Hughes
Simon Nemec
Akira Schmid
Seamus Casey
Arseni Gritsyuk
Lenni Hameenaho
Topias Vilen

In Poll:
Artem Barabosha
Zakhar Bardakov
Tyler Brennan
Graeme Clarke
Nico Daws
Josh Filmon
Nolan Foote
Daniil Karpovich
Daniil Orlov
Chase Stillman

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I prefer to rank prospects' value based on their potential to be high end-players. So while Foote is more likely to become an NHL regular, I'm intrigued by the flashes of potential shown by guys like Filmon and Karpovich.

I went Karpovich here, and I think Filmon is next on my list.

Add Malek. Squires and Edwards are also good options here, but for me the goalie gets the edge.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Im not going with Foote because he isnt good with his trajectory, with his ceiling some of his bad tools limit his game for his potential roles etc. I hope he will be good NHLer, at least for the next a couple of years. But I§m not waiting something really good and cant give him good place in the rankings.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
My #9 prospect in the NJ Devils prospect pool is Nico Daws. This is the point where it gets really tough for me. It was honestly a toss up between him and a couple other guys, but I really like the potential he has shown in the starts he has been given. However, I voted for Josh Filmon, my #8 ranked prospect. Add Jakub Malek.

My current rankings:
  1. Luke Hughes
  2. Simon Nemec
  3. Akira Schmid
  4. Seamus Casey
  5. Alex Holtz
  6. Arseni Gritsyuk
  7. Lenni Hameenaho
  8. Josh Filmon
  9. Nico Daws

Reactions: Guttersniped

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I voted Graeme Clarke but looking at the poll results so far, i’m not sure why. :laugh:

I do think Daws’ stock has dipped unfairly due to having to back up the disaster squad in 21-22. He’s been just as good as Schmid in the AHL, if not better. But it’s still hard to look at the list so far and say he should be ahead of anyone there.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My #9 prospect in the NJ Devils prospect pool is Nico Daws. This is the point where it gets really tough for me. It was honestly a toss up between him and a couple other guys, but I really like the potential he has shown in the starts he has been given. However, I voted for Josh Filmon, my #8 ranked prospect. Add Jakub Malek.

My current rankings:
  1. Luke Hughes
  2. Simon Nemec
  3. Akira Schmid
  4. Seamus Casey
  5. Alex Holtz
  6. Arseni Gritsyuk
  7. Lenni Hameenaho
  8. Josh Filmon
  9. Nico Daws
I’d have gone with Daws but for his surgery. Hopefully he returns to full health and can get back to where he was before

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I've shifted my thinking on prospect rankings to weight floors more heavily than ceilings over the past couple of years. Obviously with a lot of nuance there, but that's why I'm still going Foote. I think his floor at this point is an NHL player. Whether that is good enough of one to make our deep forward group remains to be seen, but I think he can have a career as of today. The ceiling on most of the other players considered at this point is likely higher, so I don't blame anyone for taking them. Just my thinking.

Floor vs ceiling vs probability all matter more to different franchise situations as well. We have most of our top 6 locked in for the long haul at this point, so a player that may be a top 6 winger if everything breaks right but has a floor outside of the league and a coinflip chance to hit is slightly less valuable to us than a player that has a floor as a competent NHLer and can provide value on a cheap contract. It doesn't boost a player from one tier of prospect to another, but it serves as a tiebreaker amongst tiers for me.

Last edited:

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I’d have gone with Daws but for his surgery. Hopefully he returns to full health and can get back to where he was before
Definitely understandable. It's always a crapshoot how goalies recover from major hip surgery, but I am optimistic that he will be able to return in pre-surgery form.

Reactions: My3Sons

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
could have went with high floor prospects like Bardakov and Foote but I couldn't help myself and went for the high upside of Filmon.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I voted Graeme Clarke but looking at the poll results so far, i’m not sure why. :laugh:

I do think Daws’ stock has dipped unfairly due to having to back up the disaster squad in 21-22. He’s been just as good as Schmid in the AHL, if not better. But it’s still hard to look at the list so far and say he should be ahead of anyone there.
Hey now, I am the resident Clarke guy! I just keep voting for him since #7, and looks like I'll have to keep doing it!

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think Foote has a decent chance of playing NHL games but I like the unknown potential of Filmon .

I think Foote has a decent chance of playing NHL games but I like the unknown potential of Filmon

Reactions: Xirik

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

It’s tough for a guy coming off of hip surgery, though it’s common enough these days with young goalies. I don’t think it means terrible things long term for Daws but he’s supposedly not getting back until December.

I liked
78F54CA7-D678-43E2-9B16-CC2DE0701BA9.jpeg

last off-season, so if Fitz is pumping his tires no reason to jump ship now.

This was easier with Vilén gone, though I like Bardakov, who has the advantage of nearly no competition at center.

Add Malek or Misyul. I want to get to an all goalie vs Russian defenseman poll.

Last edited:

Lou Bloom

Oct 14, 2020
Was between Bardakov and Clarke for me. Went with Bardakov since he has an easier path due to position and play style but I think both could be solid NHL regulars.

Reactions: Guadana

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Could’ve went a number of ways, but I went with Foote since he’ll presumably have a role next year. I totally get going upside in Filmon/Barda/etc.

Add Edwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad