Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Results:

RankPlayerDraft PositionVote %2022 Result2021 Result
1Luke Hughes2021 Round 1 #4 Overall89.1Luke HughesLuke Hughes
2Simon Nemec2022 Round 1 #2 Overall92.5Simon NemecDawson Mercer
3Alexander Holtz2020 Round 1 #7 Overall39.1Alexander HoltzAlexander Holtz
4Akira Schmid2018 Round 5 #136 Overall43.8Arseni GritsyukNolan Foote
5Seamus Casey2022 Round 2 #46 Overall57.6Shakir MukhamadullinShakir Mukhamadullin
6Arseni Gritsyuk2019 Round 5 #129 Overall86.9Fabian ZetterlundKevin Bahl
7Lenni Hameenaho2023 Round 2 #58 Overall55.3Nikita OkhotiukGraeme Clarke
8Topias Vilen2021 Round 5 #129 Overall48.9Seamus CaseyChase Stillman
9Nolan Foote2019 Round 1 #27 Overall46.3Nico DawsNikita Okhotiuk
10Josh Filmon2022 Round 6 #166 Overall43.0Tyce ThompsonSamu Salminen
11Graeme Clarke2018 Round 3 #80 Overall37.3Nolan FooteMichael Vukojevic
12Zakhar Bardakov2021 Round 7 #203 Overall52.1Tyler BrennanJaromir Pytlik

Last Pick: Zakhar Bardakov - SKA St. Petersburg / AHL
Bardakov.jpg

Added: Jakub Malek

Eligible Players:

Shane Bowers
Cole Brady
Cole Brown
Chase Cheslock
Brian Halonen
Santeri Hatakka
Peter Hauser
Viktor Hurtig
Charlie Leddy
Nikita Popugayev
Jaromir Pytlik
Samu Salminen
Artem Shlaine
Tyce Thompson
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev

Selected:
Zakhar Bardakov
Seamus Casey
Graeme Clarke
Josh Filmon
Nolan Foote
Arseni Gritsyuk
Lenni Hameenaho
Alexander Holtz
Luke Hughes
Simon Nemec
Akira Schmid
Topias Vilen
In Poll:
Artem Barabosha
Tyler Brennan
Nico Daws
Ethan Edwards
Daniil Karpovich
Jakub Malek
Daniil Misyul
Daniil Orlov
Cam Squires
Chase Stillman

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Nico #2 here. Showed some nice things and still has a lot of potential imo. Add Hauser.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Orlov add cheslock.

Daws? Meh numbers(though I do acknowledge a not so good team in front of him) but the hip surgery on top of it? I'll let you guys vote him in.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I went Karpovich. I was leaning towards going Daws but changed my mind .
Side note - I didn’t know until recently that Daws was the #1 NA ranked goalie headed into his draft.
I thought he was a good pick at where he was drafted but didn’t realize he was ranked that high (for NA goalies )

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I went Karpovich. I was leaning towards going Daws but changed my mind .
Side note - I didn’t know until recently that Daws was the #1 NA ranked goalie headed into his draft.
I thought he was a good pick at where he was drafted but didn’t realize he was ranked that high (for NA goalies )

I wasn’t aware, but a couple caveats here:

1. NA goalies are much weaker than Euros right now. Being the top NA goalie in a draft might not actually mean much.

2. The top goalies in a class tend not to emerge for 2-3 years

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If Daws was healthy I'd vote for him here but I will wait to see how he rehabs. He has shown the potential to at least be an NHL goalie. I'm struggling to see an NHL player in most of the remaining prospects or I haven't had a chance to watch them play and cannot realistically form an opinion. Malek at least looked good in some bits I've seen of him so I will go with him. Edwards has some potential but right now I'm skeptical it's enough to be a regular NHL defender. His skating is very good and he does a bunch of things ok but nothing great. If he was 6'4" he'd have reach and fit into the style of defense NJ wants to play. At 5'11" he's going to have to really up the puck movement and offense to make it from what I've seen so far. I expect NJ at least signs him after this season and he will get a chance in Utica.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Going with Daws and his multiple years of good play in a pro league. Probably tops out as a backup but it’s hard to say that’s any worse than the remaining prospects.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I think this has to be Daws. I know he had a pretty bad injury, but I don't think it makes sense that he has dropped this much down the rankings.

Karpovich and Edwards get serious consideration from me here.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Stillman is a worser prospect than most on this list.
Im going with Orlov here. More intriguing player for now than Foote and Clarke. Have higher ceiling than Bardakov, less proven. More proven than Karpovich.
yeah that's kinda where I end up with Stillman. I think he's a lock to be an NHL fourth liner solely because he's gonna have a longer leash than someone who was not a slightly controversial first round pick. Does he have a chance to be more than that? Sure. But I think his ceiling is lower than basically everyone on this list so far. He's indistinguishable from guys you can get for free on waivers every year, and that's if doesn't have any setbacks.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
yeah that's kinda where I end up with Stillman. I think he's a lock to be an NHL fourth liner solely because he's gonna have a longer leash than someone who was not a slightly controversial first round pick. Does he have a chance to be more than that? Sure. But I think his ceiling is lower than basically everyone on this list so far. He's indistinguishable from guys you can get for free on waivers every year, and that's if doesn't have any setbacks.
With his results for D+2 I would even not sure will he ever be NHLer even as 4th liner. The main issue is hockey IQ and positional game. Which lead to mistakes and missed opportunities. And again - his trajectory is awful. Bardakov is great positionally, very good 200 foot player, Karpovich has top-4 potential as two way defenseman with great physical tools, Orlov has top-4 potential with "Marino" potential, he is mobile, good with the puck, still big and play very well positionally without the puck, using his stick as a tool. Daws still proved himself on adult level and was very good when was healthy and played with better team ahead of him. Edwards is mobile defensive defenseman. He isnt very flashy or very smart, but I think he has potential to be great third pair defenseman if he will work on his timings and play against driving the net with focusing on positional and distance. Misyul is pretty decent as defensive defenseman without the puck. I really didnt like his game with the puck, but it still meaning role for a player, especially in AHL or seventh defenseman. Squiers has his own issues, but at least shows more flashes of good reading of the game and for now he didnt show bad trajectory. Malek was okay in Liiga and was good in second league in Finland - it is more important for Devils than what we can get from Stillman in best case scenario. And drafting of Squires, Brown and Hauser is a legit sign of trying to find good bottom right winger in someone else.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think this has to be Daws. I know he had a pretty bad injury, but I don't think it makes sense that he has dropped this much down the rankings.

Karpovich and Edwards get serious consideration from me here.
I agree Daws’ potential pre-injury was excellent. He has already been successful in an NHL game which is not easy. I am just concerned about the injury enough to want to wait and see how he returns to health. Hopefully he bounces back 100% given how young he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad