Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Results:

RankPlayerDraft PositionVote %2022 Result2021 Result
1Luke Hughes2021 Round 1 #4 Overall89.1Luke HughesLuke Hughes
2Simon Nemec2022 Round 1 #2 Overall92.5Simon NemecDawson Mercer
3Alexander Holtz2020 Round 1 #7 Overall39.1Alexander HoltzAlexander Holtz
4Akira Schmid2018 Round 5 #136 Overall43.8Arseni GritsyukNolan Foote
5Seamus Casey2022 Round 2 #46 Overall57.6Shakir MukhamadullinShakir Mukhamadullin
6Arseni Gritsyuk2019 Round 5 #129 Overall86.9Fabian ZetterlundKevin Bahl
7Lenni Hameenaho2023 Round 2 #58 Overall55.3Nikita OkhotiukGraeme Clarke
8Topias Vilen2021 Round 5 #129 Overall48.9Seamus CaseyChase Stillman
9Nolan Foote2019 Round 1 #27 Overall46.3Nico DawsNikita Okhotiuk

Last Pick: Nolan Foote - Utica Comets / AHL
Foote2.jpg

Added: Artem Barabosha

Eligible Players:

Shane Bowers
Cole Brady
Cole Brown
Chase Cheslock
Ethan Edwards
Brian Halonen
Santeri Hatakka
Peter Hauser
Viktor Hurtig
Charlie Leddy
Jakub Malek
Case McCarthy
Patrick Moynihan

Nikita Popugayev
Jaromir Pytlik
Samu Salminen
Artem Shlaine
Cam Squires
Tyce Thompson
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev

Selected:
Alexander Holtz
Luke Hughes
Simon Nemec
Akira Schmid
Seamus Casey
Arseni Gritsyuk
Lenni Hameenaho
Topias Vilen

In Poll:
Artem Barabosha
Zakhar Bardakov
Tyler Brennan
Graeme Clarke
Nico Daws
Josh Filmon
Daniil Karpovich
Daniil Misyul
Daniil Orlov
Chase Stillman

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Last edited:

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
My #10 ranked prospect is Topias Vilen. He was already voted in during vote #8, but my #8 ranked prospect has not, so I voted for Josh Filmon. Add Jakub Malek.

My current rankings:
  1. Luke Hughes
  2. Simon Nemec
  3. Akira Schmid
  4. Seamus Casey
  5. Alex Holtz
  6. Arseni Gritsyuk
  7. Lenni Hameenaho
  8. Josh Filmon
  9. Nico Daws
  10. Topias Vilen

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Went Clarke here. He missed a ton of development time only playing 53 games in across the '19-'20 and '20-'21 seasons.

Kid looked really good in camp last year and almost made the team, then proceeded to lead the Comets in goals and points last year. As impressive as Filmon's season was last year, part of me is worried that could still be a bit of a fluke - even though I have nothing to really base that on, other than maybe his draft position.

I would add Malek and would love to see this poll go beyond 20.

Also, how the hell did Karpovich make the initial list?

Reactions: JimEIV

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Went Clarke here. He missed a ton of development time only playing 53 games in across the '19-'20 and '20-'21 seasons.

Kid looked really good in camp last year and almost made the team, then proceeded to lead the Comets in goals and points last year. As impressive as Filmon's season was last year, part of me is worried that could still be a bit of a fluke - even though I have nothing to really base that on, other than maybe his draft position.

I'm afraid Clarke needs a lot more work off the puck. I do believe he can develop into a sniper though, but he has more work to do.

I'm not sure what went thru my head when I added Karpovich. I guess it was shiny new toy syndrome.

I'll consider going past 20, but I was trying to time the polls to end about a week before rookies report. Maybe I'll do one last poll in some different format, like some kind of multiple selection poll. I dunno.

Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Clarke, add Mauro Jorg

Seriously though, add Hauser.

Not sure what the logic with the strike through on Moynihan/McCarthy is, but both players are still on the Devils reserve list as per CapFriendly. So it appears Devils retain their rights through their fifth year.

I like Filmon as a prospect, but to me, he’s a younger version of Clarke. Probably has higher upside and I could see a path to him developing into a top nine or even top six player. Clarke is so much closer to ready (and with production we would be happy to see Filmon accomplish at the professional level) that I have to go with him here.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Not sure what the logic with the strike through on Moynihan/McCarthy is, but both players are still on the Devils reserve list as per CapFriendly. So it appears Devils retain their rights through their fifth year.

Posted this in another thread...

Reactions: Nubmer6

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
half way through and we can't even vote for @Ripshot 43. the devils prospect pool looks still good and deep. i wouldn't mind trade him for a protected first down the road.

add ripshot or squires

Reactions: My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Daws, who everyone had ahead of Schmid a year ago.
I’m thinking about going Daws too. I think people forget about him because of Schmid’s progress, but he’s shown some nice things and held his own when he was thrown to the wolves in 2022. It’s between Daws, Filmon and Clarke for me here.

Edit: Went Daws, add Hauser.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Filmon definitely shot a high % so that could pull back, but his shot rate could go up, as could the assists.

Aside from maybe Pickering, that team brings back pretty much everybody. They will be a mature juniors team with a ton of continuity. I expect another big year from Filmon.

Think filling into his frame is only a matter of time as well.

But I do see the arguments for the guys who have had good seasons at higher levels.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Daws, who everyone had ahead of Schmid a year ago.

The concern is how well he recovers from his surgery. Hip surgery for a goalie is bad mojo. At the same time, it could have been a nagging injury that affected his performance last year or two, but for now I'm not voting for him just yet.

half way through and we can't even vote for @Ripshot 43. the devils prospect pool looks still good and deep. i wouldn't mind trade him for a protected first down the road.

@Ripshot 43 aged out of eligibility :(

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Bardakov, for same reason as when I voted for him in #9 - I think he's closer to a bottom six role than most of the others and has more upside IMO. Foote and Clarke are up there too but I think they might need a higher role to really be effective but it's hair splitting at this point.

Add Squires.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Went with Karpovich last time, so I have to stick with him to stay consistent. My actual #10 would probably be Filmon.

Add Squires.

Reactions: Guadana

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
My votes have been all over the place with little consistency. Gonna vote Filmon after going Clarke last and i think Filmon before that?

add Pierre Dagenais i mean Matt Corrente i mean Cam Squires

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
1-2 Luke&Simon or Simon&Luke
(3 Schmid)
3 Gritsyuk
4 Holtz
5 Vilen
6 Bardakov
7 Casey
8 Lenny
9 Foote
10 Orlov

Vote for Bardakov. He is the only one who is played regularly against toughest competition, was toughest competition by himself for his opponents. Great skating, movement, 200 foot game. He is the only really good defensive forward.
And I'm waiting him as potential #12 or even lower in this pools.

Overall I like Devils top 10 for what we have in Devils roster. I think there are 6+ future nhlers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00