HF Habs: 2023 Early Bird 15th Annual Mock Draft (COMPLETE)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The funny part is if he did not have the facial hair and his last name was European I think a lot of the people who dislike him him would be all over him as a top prospect. He seems to generate some level of hate as some people choose to view him as some kind of caricature representative of a type of person that they just don't like.
It seems to be the Tkachuk thing all over. Obviously Brady is a better hockey player, but there’s this fear that they’ve somehow peaked at 18 which I think is only possible for players like Drouin who have elite junior level skill. Barlow has a professional skillset.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
It seems to be the Tkachuk thing all over. Obviously Brady is a better hockey player, but there’s this fear that they’ve somehow peaked at 18 which I think is only possible for players like Drouin who have elite junior level skill. Barlow has a professional skillset.
The thing don’t like about Balow is that there is zero manipulation to is game but it is hard to argue with the result he make the right read and is extremely efficient.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I just don't think he's an elite shooter.. I think he's figured out how to score in the OHL.. but this isn't Cole Caufield or someone of that ilk, his shooting skill is above average and so I don't see it scaling up.

Florida pick sure, but the Habs pick? No thank you. I think there's far more value in Yager because while his goal scoring is down this year due to some puck luck and emphasis on playmaking to round out his game, he actually does have a high end shot, not as many different weapons as Caufield but his wrist shot is high end and in a whole other tier than Barlow's.

And while I'm lower on Dvorsky than other's, he's someone else who is simply a better shooter. So if you want a pro level game and an adept finisher, Dvorsky is way better of a choice than Barlow.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
What does zero manipulation mean? In his shot and puck handling?
I don’t feel like he manipulate the D or coverage to create time and space, but I feel like he does have the ability use the time and space that is available to him in a very efficient way. Is shot is good but it isn’t elite, he score by driving the net, tips puck, getting body position to sheild the puck and getting to rebounds, out working everyone in tight space, very linear great habits, it is less flashy than other but very effective. skating, stick handling, shot, play making, size they are all above avg but none are elite, the way he able to bring everything together with is smart and hard work should translate and the floor seem very high but ultimately you can still the question the upside and if he going to be able to do it vs. bigger, stronger and better D in the NHL, just like you can question if a guy like Cristall can translate his skills to the NHL… the mass will always value flashy skills that why I think Barlow is undervalued even if he seem to have a NHlL skill set.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Just for fun... had Buffalo.

17. Matthew Wood (+2)
40. Oliver Bonk (+18)
49. Adam Gajan (+14)
88. Andrew Gibson (+46)
113. Jesse Nurmi (spot on)
145. Juha Jatkola (+24)
177. Carter Sotheran (+42)
209. Florian Xhekaj (+108) <--- this one is actually hilarious

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
18. Winnipeg: Calum Ritchie (C) - Oshawa Generals (OHL) 27 (-9)
82. Winnipeg: Ethan Miedema (LW) - Kingston Frontenacs (OHL) 109 (-27)
146. Winnipeg: Matyas Melovsky (C) - Baie-Comeau Drakkar (QMJHL) Undrafted
153. Winnipeg (from NYR): Ivan Remezovsky (LD) - SKA-1946 St. Petersburg (MHL) Undrafted

52. Edmonton: Jesse Kiiskinen (RW) - Pelicans (Liiga) 68 (-16)
148. Edmonton: Nikolai Nikulshin (G) - Loko-76 Yaroslavl (MHL) Undrafted
180. Edmonton: Gavyn Thoreson (LW/C) - Andover Huskies (USHS-MN) Undrafted
212. Edmonton: Eric Pohlkamp (D) - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 132 (+80)

Could have went better but hey I got a good one with Pohlkamp :laugh:

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Mock : Actual pick
#22 LW– Quentin Musty 6‘2‘’ 203lbs - 26th -4 : 20th Sale
#50 RW- Mathieu Cataford 5‘11‘’ 187lbs - 77th -27 : 50th Rehkopf
#54 LD – Jakub Dvorak 6‘5‘’ 203lbs - 54th 0 : 52th Molgaard
#61 RD – Tom Willander 6‘1‘’ 186lbs - 11th +50 : 57th Dragicevic
#86 LW – Martin Misiak 6‘2‘’ 190lbs - 55th +31 : 84th Price
#119 G – Scott Ratzlaff 6‘1‘’ 170lbs - 141th -22 : 116th Loshko
#150 C –Kevin Bicker 6‘1‘’ 174lbs - 147th +3 : 148th Hammell
#170 G –Samuel Urban 6‘1‘’ 183lbs - ND : 168th Vedenpaa
#182 C – Jiri Felcman 6‘4‘’ 190lbs - 93th - +89 : 180th Forsfjall

: 212th Wisdom

only one undrafted player Urban (who was invited to MTL camp)
Cataford and Raztlaff 22/27 pick early
Musty only 4 pick early
Dvorak perfect pick
Willander, Misiak Felcman pick 50\31\89 pick late more than make up for the any other pick
I actually preferer my draft to Seattle actual draft even with the Cataford pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad