• Yegor Sidorov

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Sidorov feels like a clone of Pastujov. They both can score like crazy, both need to improve their skating, and both drafted in the third round. THW wrote that Sidorov has competitiveness issues. Both are the same age, but I think Pastujov is still the better scorer.

2022-23 productions for Sidorov and Pastujov
Sidorov: 76 points in 53 games​
Pastujov:​
Storm (original team): 19 points in 14 games​
Sting (traded team): 79 points in 46 games​

Is Siderov’s skating nearly as bad as Pastujov’s though? I haven’t read anything that states his skating is bad.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Hinds vs gaucher is interesting. At this point I feel strongly that hinds has a great chance at being a defense first #4, and I value that more than a defense first 3C. Gaucher is next for me.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
I'm the only one that went with Helleson. Liked what I saw from him at the end of the season. Has 2nd pair shutdown D potential. I'll vote for him until he makes it in from here on out.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
People did the same thing voting for Groulx a couple years ago.

prospects are all about projection

Groulx did have a very good season with San Diego to warrant being hyped. He made the 2021-22 NHL club as it's starting 4C. Unfortunately, the jump to the NHL was too steep for Groulx and was sent back down after 18 games.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Two-way middle-6 LW.

Point-wise it's hard to say, I can see him topping out anywhere from 30-70 points. He was always praises about his defensive work but only last season he started to show offense.

Great pass and goes to the net.

He also plays with an edge. He is like a less skilled but more physical version of Terry to me. Unfilled frame, super young (he's still 18 for a couple of months), smart, skates good and nice hands. We are only starting to see his potential but it's there IMO, which makes me see him as our 2nd best forward prospect. He's just further away but I think he has clearly more offense than Gaucher and he's a much safer pick as a versatile (can play any situation) player than Pasta.

Is it just me or has he really jumped up in our prospects ranking? I didn’t think he was an nhler but now sounds pretty legit.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Is it just me or has he really jumped up in our prospects ranking? I didn’t think he was an nhler but now sounds pretty legit.
I believe he had a complete mentality change in regards to becoming an NHL player which led to his massive turn around.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I think Gaucher is getting slept on, but I like Hinds a lot too so I get why so many voted him. I’d go Gaucher, Hinds, then Helleson in the next 3 (including this one).

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I may never understand how Vaakanainen got voted in 6th last year.
Hindsight is 20/20. He was competent as an NHLer when we initially got him, and that's a lot more concrete than the others.

Needless to say, that was all before his face took an express train into the boards, and he rightfully would be ranked far lower if he was even eligible to be voted on.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Is Siderov’s skating nearly as bad as Pastujov’s though? I haven’t read anything that states his skating is bad.
Siderov is actually pretty mobile on his edges and carves up inside lanes really well, pretty quick first step. Pasta has a very slow first step and plays more of a body shielding cerebral game when he attacks the net.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Siderov is actually pretty mobile on his edges and carves up inside lanes really well, pretty quick first step. Pasta has a very slow first step and plays more of a body shielding cerebral game when he attacks the net.

This tracks with what I previously thought and my extremely limited viewing of him. Kid definitely has upside, obviously a higher bust potential than someone like Gaucher but if he hits he’s probably a 2nd line winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad