Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Judd Caulfield

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Hinds is def an interesting one.... curious to see how he performs at camps/preseason.

I think he is a guy that could def fight for a Roster spot at the start of the season.

I know a lot of people have written lacombe into the line up, but i think Mintyukov and Hinds have better chances of impressing the team... and prob fill the role were looking for better.

Idk that id put him before dostal yet.... and Luneau prob brings a lot more to the table than hinds, while still being a solid defender... if both meet their ceilings Luneau > Hinds... i think they both have strong floors.

I love Hinds' potential as a shutdown D who can chip in. His offense is late coming, improving to nearly a ppg player last year. He's my dark horse to make the NHL club.

LaCombe has spent the past four seasons playing in the NCAA, whose age range is from age 17-25. The CHL age rate is 16 - 20. LaCombe went to the NCAA to improve his defense as an elite skating OFD, he's often tops on the team in blocked shots. Last year, he finished 4th overall in scoring for defensemen in the NCAA. Apparently, LaCombe has already passed up Helleson on the depth chart as his ATOI was 18:29 compared to Helly's 13:39 at the NHL level, small sample, but still telling. In those two NHL games, LaCombe led the team in blocked shots with 3 BS in game 81 and 6 BS in game 82. LaCombe didn't look out of place at the NHL level.

Minty still has to work on his defense, according to PV, the guy in charge of the NHL roster. Minty has the higher offensive ceiling, but he still has to work on his defense. Minty in the AHL working on his defense sounds great to me.

IMO, playing good defense is probably the determining factor to moving up into the NHL ranks for the Ducks. LaCombe and Hinds are advanced at defense. This doesn't mean Minty can't pass either up in the near future.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I think after Luneau and Dostal is where the rankings open up, arguments can be made for all of Myatovic, Gaucher, Luneau, Pastujov, Hinds and Lacombe. I’d even maybe include Helleson as well.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think after Luneau and Dostal is where the rankings open up, arguments can be made for all of Myatovic, Gaucher, Luneau, Pastujov, Hinds and Lacombe. I’d even maybe include Helleson as well.
I'm growing on Moore and he will soon be at a similar level to Helly.

But as far as the next ones go I think it will have to be LaCombe for me because he's pretty proven already and has top4 potential. His 2 game stint did not hurt. After that, it's interesting (in the previous poll I said after 5 it will be interesting :laugh:).
I'm high on Hinds but Myatovic gotta be in consideration as well. Others like Gaucher Tracey, Perreault, Helly, Moroe are probably a tier lower for me.

A really really solid top 6 of prospects. And depth as well.

Reactions: GunnarStahl

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
I hope Goucher doesnt get voted down because he isnt Kulich or Snuggerud. He is in our top 10 IMO

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I hope Goucher doesnt get voted down because he isnt Kulich or Snuggerud. He is in our top 10 IMO
He might not be, but I don’t think it’s an inditement on him. There are probably 15 guys that would be top 10 prospects on 25+ teams in the NHL.

I have him in the large group of guys from 6-12.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It's not because he isn't them, it's because his upside seems to be quite limited, and with having so many other prospects that are projecting to be in the NHL at some capacity, he does fall into this large category from 6-15'ish.

To me, he is prob closer to 10th but will see as we go through these polls.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'm growing on Moore and he will soon be at a similar level to Helly.

But as far as the next ones go I think it will have to be LaCombe for me because he's pretty proven already and has top4 potential. His 2 game stint did not hurt. After that, it's interesting (in the previous poll I said after 5 it will be interesting :laugh:).
I'm high on Hinds but Myatovic gotta be in consideration as well. Others like Gaucher Tracey, Perreault, Helly, Moroe are probably a tier lower for me.

A really really solid top 6 of prospects. And depth as well.

Moore showed off his speed at dev camp in the individual skate till you fatigue drill. Wow! He's also improved between his first two seasons at Harvard. Last year, he was the second highest D-man scorer on his team at Harvard, behind Thrun, and tied for highest +/- for D-mean, with Thrun at +20 rating. Moore was third on his team in blocked shots with 36 blocks, Thrun was the highest with 40 blocks. I wonder if Moore can break 30 points next year?

I think Moore might be better defensively than Helleson.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Anaheim is boasting a lot of very good D-men and the #2 pick. After our top-5, we still have D-men that would rank higher than Gaucher.

6-7 could be LaCombe and Hinds. Both are defensive guys with offense with top-4 potential.
8-12 could be Moore, Pastujov, Gaucher, Hvidston, or Calle.

Gaucher did have a wonderful playoffs (16 pts in 18 games and +9) and Mem cup (3 pts in 4 games and +4) productions.

I think Hvidston is gonna be a riser in this poll.

GauchervsHvidston
PlayerSeasonLeagueGamesGAPtsPPGPlus/Minus
GaucherD+0QMJHL
66​
31​
26​
57​
0.86​
30​
D+1QMJHL
44​
22​
24​
46​
1.05​
35​
HvidstonD+0WHL
58​
13​
19​
32​
0.55​
-5​
D+1WHL
59​
21​
44​
65​
1.10​
15​

Hvidston is a shutdown forward whose offense blossomed. He credits it to being at dev and rookie camp. Although he's listed as a LW, he does play some center. Since his team didn't make the playoffs, he joined the San Diego Gulls as a 4C and became the youngest goal scorer in Gulls history, beating McTavish from two seasons ago. Hvidston is an early Sept baby, like Zellweger, which gives him a bit more potential.

Reactions: lwvs84

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Moore showed off his speed at dev camp in the individual skate till you fatigue drill. Wow! He's also improved between his first two seasons at Harvard. Last year, he was the second highest D-man scorer on his team at Harvard, behind Thrun, and tied for highest +/- for D-mean, with Thrun at +20 rating. Moore was third on his team in blocked shots with 36 blocks, Thrun was the highest with 40 blocks. I wonder if Moore can break 30 points next year?

I think Moore might be better defensively than Helleson.
In some of my viewings I liked Moore more than Thrun to be honest. But well, Thrun also played tougher minutes I guess

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
In some of my viewings I liked Moore more than Thrun to be honest. But well, Thrun also played tougher minutes I guess

Moore's gonna be the head d-man now that Thrun and Siedem have left the Harvard program. It's going to be a big season for Moore. Also, he gets another Ducks teammate in RW Callow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad