• Judd Caulfield

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the first poll, I am voting for Lukas Dostal.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2023 Ducks Prospect Rankings:

1. C - Leo Carlsson (2023 draftee)
2. D - Pavel Mintyukov (no change)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (no change)

Our graduates and departures are:

Mason McTavish
Urho Vaakanainen
Henry Thrun
Simon Benoit
Axel Andersson
Sean Tschigerl
Hunter Drew
Thimo Nickl
Olle Eriksson Ek
Bryce Kindopp
Max Golod
Ethan Bowen​

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Dostal. Under rated around the league. I think he is the best goalie prospect outside of the top tier of 4 guys. What he did at 20 in Liiga is more impressive then what Levi did in the NCAA.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Luneau here, for the reasons laid out in the last poll. If Luneau becomes a 20 minute dman who plays on the PP and PK regularly, would you trade him for a starting goaltender?

I think that's luneau's potential that has been pretty legitimate for all but the one year he was hurt (luckily for us, his draft year).

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Luneau took major strides this year but Dostal is 100% ready for prime time and perhaps to split more duties with Gibson (until Gibson gets traded perhaps).

Definitely a luxury of riches when it comes to our defensive prospects, but the subjective gap between the two is pretty small IMO.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I went with Luneau. If people loved Minty and Zell above Dostal, then I'm lost as to why Luneau isn't loved similarly? Although Luneau was drafted 53rd overall, he fell from a first round rating by CSB prelim due to knee surgery. The org gambled on his recovery and I think Luneau is 90% there from regaining his explosive start. I'm surprised Luneau isn't getting similarly hyped like Minty and Zell.

I'll repost a guess who from the last poll thread to this one b/c I was late to the party.

DucksProspectD-men
DefensemanGamesGAPtsPPGPlayoffsGAPtsPPG
A
55​
32​
48​
80​
1.45​
14​
11​
18​
29​
2.07​
B
65​
20​
63​
83​
1.28​
13​
2​
15​
17​
1.31​
C
69​
24​
64​
88​
1.28​
11​
0​
9​
9​
0.82​

Answer:
A = Zellweger
B = Luneau
C = Minty

We have the WHL, OHL, and QMJHL d-men of the season in the same season! Could have sworn Luneau won one of them this past season.

Reactions: Zegras11

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I went with Luneau, although Dostal is an elite prospect imo. I would have been shocked if you told me a year ago Dostal would be 5th on my list. Luneau and him are basically tied for me but I really like how well rounded Luneau is, he will be an incredibly important member of the top 4 and has better defensive awareness and skill than the defenseman listed ahead of him. So far being the only one to truly show substantial two way play. I could see him being similar to

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I went with Luneau as well just based off of personal preference. Love Dostal though, think he's got the potential to be a really good #1.

I went with Luneau, although Dostal is an elite prospect imo. I would have been shocked if you told me a year ago Dostal would be 5th on my list. Luneau and him are basically tied for me but I really like how well rounded Luneau is, he will be an incredibly important member of the top 4 and has better defensive awareness and skill than the defenseman listed ahead of him. So far being the only one to truly show substantial two way play. I could see him being similar to

To WHOM? You can't leave the people on a cliffhanger like that.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
These are always interesting as we move down the line. Some people base their opinions on which prospects have the highest upside and some base it on who is closest to NHL ready.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Mike Rathje? Dave Karpa?? Uwe Krupp??!!

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Mike Rathje? Dave Karpa?? Uwe Krupp??!!
To WHOM? You can't leave the people on a cliffhanger like that.
1689108067338.gif

Devon Toews

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I went with Hinds. I have a strong feeling he could be a poor man’s Lindholm on the 2nd pairing for years
Hinds is def an interesting one.... curious to see how he performs at camps/preseason.

I think he is a guy that could def fight for a Roster spot at the start of the season.

I know a lot of people have written lacombe into the line up, but i think Mintyukov and Hinds have better chances of impressing the team... and prob fill the role were looking for better.

Idk that id put him before dostal yet.... and Luneau prob brings a lot more to the table than hinds, while still being a solid defender... if both meet their ceilings Luneau > Hinds... i think they both have strong floors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad