• Jaxsen Wiebe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the fourteenth poll I am voting for Nikita Nesterenko.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2023 Ducks Prospect Rankings:

1. C - Leo Carlsson (2023 draftee)
2. D - Pavel Mintyukov (no change)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (no change)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (no change)
5. D - Tristan Luneau (+9)
6. D - Jackson LaCombe (+4)
7. D - Tyson Hinds (+13)
8. C - Nathan Gaucher (-1)
9. RW - Sasha Pastujov (no change)
10. LW - Nico Myatovic (2023 draftee)
11. LW - Connor Hvidston (2022 HM)
12. D - Drew Helleson (-1)
13. D - Ian Moore (+5)

Our graduates and departures are:

Mason McTavish
Urho Vaakanainen
Henry Thrun
Simon Benoit
Axel Andersson
Sean Tschigerl
Hunter Drew
Thimo Nickl
Olle Eriksson Ek
Bryce Kindopp
Max Golod
Ethan Bowen​

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Went back and forth between Warren, Regenda, Clang, and Nester. Ultimately settled on the latter.

The sheer number of guys in our system is pretty crazy. AND we still have 6 picks in the first three rounds of next year's draft BEFORE we likely acquire more at the deadline. Nuts.

Reactions: lwvs84

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Going with Perreault as boom or bust top 6 sniper.

Nester I’m not that high on. He needs to get a lot stronger and find his niche to be an NHLer.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Going josh lopina here. Just kidding! Nesterenko looked good in the NHl, just questions on if he can turn looking good into production. Not too bad a problem to have, hopefully they stick terry to his hip.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Surprised to see Perreault getting so many votes TBH, I've got like 6 or 7 guys ahead of him at this point
Its now the category of guys who are far away or low ceilings, almost all of them are gambles at this point. I just think there is a high chance Nesterenko is gonna be another Roy/Volkov/Sekac/Sherwood, guys that we get our hopes up with but just disappoint.
If Tracey and Perreault bounce back they greatly improve their stock and could become decent 2nd line wingers.

Reactions: McDonald19

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Getting to the point where I think 5-6 guys can get votes, and that’s not even including the goalies. I’ll go with Warren, but you could vote for Perreault/Tracey/Colangelo/Sidorov/Terrance and I wouldn’t bat an eye

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Surprised to see Perreault getting so many votes TBH, I've got like 6 or 7 guys ahead of him at this point

I see the argument for him in this spot, though I agree, I'm surprised it's this lopsided. I have Nesterenko, Warren, and Clara all before him at this point.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I didn't vote for Perreault, but I can understand why many picked him here.

Despite a bad year, mostly due to injuries and a bad roster construction, Perreault probably still has the highest upside of the prospects left in the rankings. Perreault still finished in the top-10 in team scoring. He just turned 21 this past April and finished the first year of his ELC, despite playing three years in the AHL when he turned 18 years old.

Perreault will still be in the prospects ranking next year. If he improves his game, then he'll improve where he's ranked from me. I still believe in that upside, but I still gotta grade what he did last year. Same thought goes with Warren, who was also injury riddled.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I didn't vote for Perreault, but I can understand why many picked him here.

Despite a bad year, mostly due to injuries and a bad roster construction, Perreault probably still has the highest upside of the prospects left in the rankings. Perreault still finished in the top-10 in team scoring. He just turned 21 this past April and finished the first year of his ELC, despite playing three years in the AHL when he turned 18 years old.

Perreault will still be in the prospects ranking next year. If he improves his game, then he'll improve where he's ranked from me. I still believe in that upside, but I still gotta grade what he did last year. Same thought goes with Warren, who was also injury riddled.
It feels like Perrault has been around forever (because of joining the Gulls during Covid and those years dragging on probably). It feels like he's 23 or 24 and not going into his 21 year old season. Good luck to him, hopefully he figures it out this year and gets back on track with his development.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Me, being the lone voter for Groulx :laugh:
hartford-fan.gif

His ceiling is lower than many left here but him reaching it, which I think is similar to Gaucher's who went much earlier, I think is way more realistic than for others.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Keep and eye on Coulson Pitre. He’s going to come shooting up this board in next 2 seasons IMO

I think a few of this years picks will end up sneaky good…. I think it’s going to be a fun class to watch develop. Really like most of the picks(some may have been earlier than where I thought they should go, but if we like the guy screw it get them)

As for the poll…. Went with perreault…. Still a believer in his skill set transitioning to the NHL.
A lot of acceptable options on the board tho

Reactions: AngelDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad