• Lukas Dostal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the first poll, I am voting for Leo Carlsson.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

Our graduates and departures are:

Mason McTavish
Urho Vaakanainen
Henry Thrun
Simon Benoit
Axel Andersson
Sean Tschigerl
Hunter Drew
Thimo Nickl
Olle Eriksson Ek
Bryce Kindopp
Max Golod
Ethan Bowen​

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Leonardo Leonardo Dicaprio GIF - Leonardo Leonardo Dicaprio Inception -  Discover & Share GIFs

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I would save youself some trouble/people bitching and put more then just the obvious choice

edit: or atleast a list of people to choose from to add.

edit 2: also the link for prospect criteria is broken.

edit 3: nevermind found it somewhere else:

A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

Section one is the meat of the criteria as it will govern the majority of players that vie for a NHL roster spot. Sections two and three are simply an acknowledgement that some prospects arrive on the scene a bit later than their peers, thus needing some time past their 24th birthday to develop into an NHL-caliber player.

The graduated list on team pages will consist of players who are considered graduated to the NHL. A skater prospect may sit on the graduated list until he has played 130 games in the NHL. A goalieprospect may sit on the graduated list until he has played 90 games in the NHL.

NOTE: These are general guidelines and should be followed the majority of the time but certain players may still be listed as prospects if circumstances warrant. Also, for players that are close to either the 65-game (skaters) or 45-game (goaltenders) benchmark but have also clearly "arrived" as NHL players, HF reserves the right to remove these players from consideration as prospects and instead consider these players graduated.

Last edited:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Our pool is actually insane. There are guys with legit top 4 potential that will not be in the top 15. I have Ian Moore at 15 before even taking into account this year's draft class.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
I view the #1 prospect as the player who is closest to the NHL and closest to fulfilling his potential as a top line player. For this reason, I voted for Minty since he is the closest to the NHL right now of all our top prospects either to make the team out of camp or become the first injury call up during the season.

Carlsson probably returns to SHL this year, then he will have time in the AHL to adjust to NA ice. We probably won't see him in a Ducks uniform for another 1.5 seasons at the earliest. We may have selected him #2 but he still has to earn his top spot in our prospect pool :naughty:

I'd probably put Zellweger or LaCombe at 3/4. LaCombe may make it to the Ducks first based on his physical maturity but he projects as a 2nd/3rd pairing dman. Zellweger has a higher ceiling than LaCombe but he will spend most of the year in San Diego.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
List of our current prospects:

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4pHUn8nEGnd2B1ZOmdSV9WDQkabCMzf4RVag-B0ir8/edit?usp=sharing

Add Luneau and Hinds.

Minor quibble since I don't think he would have even been a honorable mention for this ranking, but I'm pretty sure Ethan Bowen retired from hockey.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Carlsson and it's not even close at all.
Franchise #1C prospect with very high potential to at some point hit 100points In a season is the #1 prospect for Anaheim.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad