Podcast (Audio) 2023 Draft Evaluation: Koehn Ziemmer w/ Yannetti, Wheeler, Waldie

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
If you were feeling positive about this pick I think you'll feel even better about it after you hear these three talk about Koehn Ziemmer.

The LA Kings selected forward Koehn Ziemmer in the 3rd round (78th overall) of the 2023 Entry Draft. Ziemmer spent the 2022-23 season with the Prince George Cougars of the WHL and will likely return for the 2023-24 season. Cole Waldie, broadcaster for the Cougars, joined host Jesse Cohen to discuss Ziemmer's time in Prince George. LA Kings Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yannetti discusses the Kings thought process behind the pick and finally Scott Wheeler (The Athletic) gives Jesse and Zach Dooley his personal scouting report on the young forward.

Last edited:

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
A great listen, thanks Jesse. You asked some pretty good questions that got some pretty expansive answers. I’m excited about this kid and once he gets his conditioning sorted he will be a very interesting guy. I’m assuming they think that with more strength his skating will improve as I know they evaluate the skating carefully and seem to read well which guy’s skating can be fixed/improved. Toffoli springs to mind.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
He will get clocked up in the AHL just like Turcotte unless the Kings have implemented a safety and longevity structured education for these young players with an edge moving into a higher weight and muscle class.
I hope all the Kings Hen remember that.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
He will get clocked up in the AHL just like Turcotte unless the Kings have implemented a safety and longevity structured education for these young players with an edge moving into a higher weight and muscle class.
All the Kings Hen as a description of Jesse and how he acts here is the funniest thing you’ve ever posted. Probably because it’s the only funny thing you’ve ever posted.

Reactions: BigKing

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
All the Kings Hen as a description of Jesse and how he acts here is the funniest thing you’ve ever posted. Probably because it’s the only funny thing you’ve ever posted.
I thought Juicy Colon was ok, until he felt threatened by my creativity and talked to me like a dog.
Now i throw the Frisbee.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
He's not eligible for the AHL unless it was a conditioning assignment. Even so, he has to sign a contract with LA first.

He will probably just be sent to Prince George for the season.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Ziemmer is already significantly larger than Turcotte based on listed measurables. He's also been playing in the WHL v. the softie USNTDP schedule. I get what you are saying about playing with an "edge" but these two players are not comparable when talking about edge. Yes, Turcotte buzzes around and will go to the hard areas but he isn't getting hurt because of his physical style of play.

Ziemmer actively looks for big hits and will fight. He's an Alberta boy from a town 75 miles NW of Edmonton. They aren't comparable players, IMO.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Ziemmer is already significantly larger than Turcotte based on listed measurables. He's also been playing in the WHL v. the softie USNTDP schedule. I get what you are saying about playing with an "edge" but these two players are not comparable when talking about edge. Yes, Turcotte buzzes around and will go to the hard areas but he isn't getting hurt because of his physical style of play.

Ziemmer actively looks for big hits and will fight. He's an Alberta boy from a town 75 miles NW of Edmonton. They aren't comparable players, IMO.
My post is about the Kings development having structure with curiculumn preventing more Turcotte like tragedies for every player present and future.
It is not a player comparison.
It does not matter where or how the players plays or where he is from.
Its about a universal precaution benefiting the organization after learning what they did not do well and what so obviously needs to be done better from now on.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
My post is about the Kings development having structure with curiculumn preventing more Turcotte like tragedies for every player present and future.
It is not a player comparison.
It does not matter where or how the players plays or where he is from.
Its about a universal precaution benefiting the organization after learning what they did not do well and what so obviously needs to be done better from now on.
You can only tell a player to keep his head up: you can't do it for him.

If you mean don't rush him into the AHL then okay but you're implying the Kings need to teach prospects how to not get hurt?

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
You can only tell a player to keep his head up: you can't do it for him.

If you mean don't rush him into the AHL then okay but you're implying the Kings need to teach prospects how to not get hurt?
They need to talk about it and emphasize it more and talk about what happend to Turcotte and Akil.
They are not doing us any good with multiple injuries.
I disagree that they can't do better by making it a part of the development process

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00