Prospect Info: 2023 Draft #38: G Michael Hrabal

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
1. Goalies take years anyways
'2. All NCAA players are major flight risks if they aren't one and done level talented.

I'd prefer BA go euro heavy because they don't have to deal with CHL rules and you can stash them longer. But it's their show.

In four years time the Coyotes will either be a normal team regularly making the playoffs in need of a goalie or dead, so it's kind of not a problem worth worrying about.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Smart kid.
To be honest, if i were in his situation i would do the same.
You never know if something happens and you need a fallback plan. So better get the best education possible. And if you can combine it with sports its even better.
So i think its not a bad think that he plans to finish college. And i think that should be encouraged by the team.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Makes me a bit uneasy but like @XX said in four years we will either be a very good team that he will want to play for or it won't matter.

Also, we are seeing Cooley crack a little. Maybe after two years he is beginning to look pro-ready, the team is really turning around and him and his agent don't want to leave money in the table.

Either way still very happy to come out with the top rated goalie of the draft.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
No doubt there are goalies farther along in their development, but Hrabal has all the tools to become a game changer at the next level.

You wonder if Cossa is as well thought of as a Top 10 goalie prospect in the league that Detroit went out of their way to take Augustine early in 2023.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You wonder if Cossa is as well thought of as a Top 10 goalie prospect in the league that Detroit went out of their way to take Augustine early in 2023.
I remember seeing something a couple years ago that Yzerman intended to take a goalie in first few rounds of the draft each year to give a better chance at developing a great one as the position is less predictable.

Reactions: Jakey53

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I remember seeing something a couple years ago that Yzerman intended to take a goalie in first few rounds of the draft each year to give a better chance at developing a great one as the position is less predictable.
That is a good idea. Drafting goalies is a very uncertain thing but if you get a good one he could win championships.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Who is “he” and what were you reading? You gotta share man! ;)
Oh crap it was just an article written about Yzerman targeting 3 goalies in draft. I can't seem to find it again??? I need to pay better attention.

• Haha
Reactions: rt and Kaizen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad