OT: 2023 College Football

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Figured might as well.
This is basically how I feel one or two Saturdays each Fall.

Always tell myself I’ll stick with it and watch more, but once the pro season begins, there are already too many games to watch on too many days/nights of the week, so my interest wanes.

Did watch a decent chunk of ND/NCS and COL/NEB.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Spent two years of grad school in Ann Arbor ....where weekends revolved around college football. Sitting in a stadium with 100,000+ of your closest friends is something to do a couple of times. ...but not something I could do for years

now hockey ...a totally different story

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Florida State on short week May struggle a bit tonight - however they are loaded

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is the game that never ends - 8 hours after kickoff it is still in the THIRD QUARTER

1694316936932.png

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Spent two years of grad school in Ann Arbor ....where weekends revolved around college football. Sitting in a stadium with 100,000+ of your closest friends is something to do a couple of times. ...but not something I could do for years

I lived in Gainesville, FL for a couple of years.

I'd have gone to every UF game if I had the ability.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA

Somehow, I think Florida State will be OK.

If you were to make a list of schools that have been hurt the most by conference realignment over the past 20+ years, I would think Boston College would be near the top.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

I had an MIT fraternity brother who also attended grad school in Ann Arbor and in 1994 I went out there to visit him and attend the Michigan-Wisconsin game. When you first drive past the Big House, you only see a few rows above grade, and when you enter the seating bowl, you're like "Whoa!". I was able to look inside Yost Arena(the hockey team was on the road).

I've been to a few B.C. games, a long time ago, but NEVER to root for B.C. I was always with people rooting for the visitors(i.e., Kappa Sigs from Syracuse). Would love to see a game at Notre Dame(I have never set foot in Indiana). I always here that the campus is spectacular but that South Bend isn't.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My Sooners are 3-0. The Red River Showdown on October 7th is going to be huge.

Boomer Sooner and horns down.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Quite the Red River showdown so far in Dallas, OU over Texas 17-14, mid-second quarter. A bit of everything, long bombs, interceptions, a blocked punt, reviews, etc.

Boomer Sooner Baby!

it has been a wild one for sure.

Reactions: Terrier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad