GDT: 2023 Caps NHL Draft Thread

Todos a la Calle

Mar 30, 2015
Mexico City
Props to those of you who actually know who to draft in these later rounds. I have a decent idea of the consensus for round 1 and maybe the 1st half of round 2, but after that, no idea. How do y'all track all these prospects?

Reactions: YippieKaey

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
True, can't see any benefit from developing cheap bottom 6 talent as opposed to overpaying for them in FA
True that's why the Capitals have developed so many of them and have the bottom-6 filled with homegrown talent right now.

The narrator's voice: They haven't. And no, they have not either.

But that championship parade you're throwing all over the board sure is in your style lmao.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Props to those of you who actually know who to draft in these later rounds. I have a decent idea of the consensus for round 1 and maybe the 1st half of round 2, but after that, no idea. How do y'all track all these prospects?

It's easy lol, whatever prospects twabby likes, we don't like and whatever prospects he doesn't like, we like haha

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Re: the WJC, Allen is unlikely to make it. Cristall's also probably a year away. And no Russia so no Miro. Chesley/Leonard/Suzdalev likely it.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'd give an A to this draft. Sucks that we only had 5 picks but think we made the most of it.

I'm not a fan of these overagers but then again, i haven't see either so it is what it is.

Reactions: Corby78

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'd give an A to this draft. Sucks that we only had 5 picks but think we made the most of it.

I'm not a fan of these overagers but then again, i haven't see either so it is what it is.
And right after that we acquire another pick and take Antoine Keller. Interesting pick, never heard of him.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
True that's why the Capitals have developed so many of them and have the bottom-6 filled with homegrown talent right now.
You're being sarcastic but this is quite literally true. They have homegrown 4th line NHL ready talent that just helped Hershey win the Calder Cup. They were blocked because the Caps paid a premium for guys like Hagelin, Hathaway, NAK, etc.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Probably my favorite draft under MacLellan, though last year with Suzdalev may prove equally strong. The two over-agers are a bit suspect and off the beaten path. Kind of generic but decent organizational types I guess. Good to add another goalie. I wonder if he'll be selected in the CHL Import Draft.

It's mostly a Leonard/Cristall/Allen draft and we'll see how those later two progress. Both were real solid value. Both have a lot to clean up for the pro game but the Caps can afford to be more than patient with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad