NHL Entry Draft: 2023 April Post Lottery Mock Draft FEEDBACK APPRECIATED!!!

spfan

May 4, 2009
Wood is quite high. He's good, but not top 4 good.

Sabres need a RHD, but that's too high for Willander.
They're probably better served to trade the pick for an established RHD.

carl jung

Mar 11, 2023
I’d be livid if we took Wood at 4 and there’s no chance it happens
there’s a much greater chance than you think. If he gets his skating up to speed he will have an impact that would be the 4th best in the draft and the sharks will recognize that

• Haha
Reactions: Patty Ice

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I can't see Michkov falling that much, but I can see Wood going that high. Incredible skill and size, especially on a draft that's lacking size amongst their higher end prospect.

carl jung

Mar 11, 2023
...another mock where they have the Coyotes taking Reinbacher @ 6, oh well, whatever!
It will happen, it will be very reminiscent to Lindholm to ANA @6 in 2012 or Seider to DET @6 in 2019.

All 3 have certain intangibles that justify the pick.

Given all of the similar traits, (Big, rangy, mobile, puck moving, high IQ on both zones, plays well with men already posting respectable points, can eat up lots of minutes, and don’t get scored on too often.) , i feel if you have been watching drafts for a while, you can tell he’s a top 10 pick and potential #1D. In the fall you could tell he was going to be a top 10 pick , especially given the circumstances in this draft w less D up top.

Besides, AZ needs a true #1D after trading Jakey boy to OTT and it’s a great pick but just won’t be viewed as one to casuals at first

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
It will happen, it will be very reminiscent to Lindholm to ANA @6 in 2012 or Seider to DET @6 in 2019.

All 3 have certain intangibles that justify the pick.

Given all of the similar traits, (Big, rangy, mobile, puck moving, high IQ on both zones, plays well with men already posting respectable points, can eat up lots of minutes, and don’t get scored on too often.) , i feel if you have been watching drafts for a while, you can tell he’s a top 10 pick and potential #1D. In the fall you could tell he was going to be a top 10 pick , especially given the circumstances in this draft w less D up top.

Besides, AZ needs a true #1D after trading Jakey boy to OTT and it’s a great pick but just won’t be viewed as one to casuals at first
BPA not need. That's how the Coyotes draft! 2024 will be a better draft for D. Reinbacher is not that high on their list. Maybe @ 12 and would be considered a reach, but definitely not 6.

Reactions: Nowotny

carl jung

Mar 11, 2023
Wood is quite high. He's good, but not top 4 good.

Sabres need a RHD, but that's too high for Willander.
They're probably better served to trade the pick for an established RHD.
He’s getting way overlooked by most in this draft because of the plethora of talent.

Wood is posting up a ppg in NCAA as a 2005 born (high school senior). Extremely rare to see and i’m surprised it isn’t very talked about on here

big, high IQ, and lots of skill.

skating needs some work but nothing that will prevent him from excelling at the next level. .

Furthermore, Sharks need a guy like wood. He would do very well beside Eklund. They have enough small forwards anyways. if it’s not Wood, I expect Smith (most likely) or Reinbacher (2nd dark horse) to be the pick.

If Wood doesn’t go 4, i can guarantee he goes top 10

spfan

May 4, 2009
He’s getting way overlooked by most in this draft because of the plethora of talent.

Wood is posting up a ppg in NCAA as a 2005 born (high school senior). Extremely rare to see and i’m surprised it isn’t very talked about on here

big, high IQ, and lots of skill.

skating needs some work but nothing that will prevent him from excelling at the next level. .

Furthermore, Sharks need a guy like wood. He would do very well beside Eklund. They have enough small forwards anyways. if it’s not Wood, I expect Smith (most likely) or Reinbacher (2nd dark horse) to be the pick.

If Wood doesn’t go 4, i can guarantee he goes top 10
Again, he's good. But not top 4 good.
I won't be surprised if he goes around 10. But he's not going 4th overall.

His college production was definitely good, but then you look at Fantilli whose production was way higher. It shows why Wood is in a tier below the one Fantilli is in.

SJ will get Carlsson, Smith or Michkov.

Reactions: Gecklund

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
1. CHI Bedard
2. ANA Fantilli
3. CBJ Carlsson
4. SJS Wood
5. MTL Smith
6. ARI Reinchacher
7. PHI Barlow
8. WSH Michkov
9. DET Leonard
10. STL Dvorsky
11. VAN Sandin Pellikka
12. ARI Pereault
13. BUF Willander
14. PIT Moore
15. NSH Danielsson
16. CGY Benson

I will eat a hat if Benson goes to CGY. Joking

spfan

May 4, 2009
I will eat a hat if Benson goes to CGY. Joking
He could slide a bit due to size, but he's pretty generally well widely respected because not only is he very skilled, he's a very hard worker as well as a two-way player. So I don't think he'd slide to 16th, but maybe 9th or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad