GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm game 2 Edmonton leads 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
IMG_1711.jpeg
Kopitar be like !

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Hey man, the loser who was previously in charge made trades to try and extend a championship window. Luc and Rob took over a disaster and had to build thing from ground zero.
I know, I know the loser who built a team that won two Stanley Cups and went to the WCF three seasons in a row. ;)

I don't blame Kopitar. He is a great player, but the Kings never should have signed him for 8 years and $80 million. I thought it was odd that Dean said during the negotiations for Kopitar's third contract that he and Brisson were not even in the same ballpark when it came to money and the term. Kopitar signed the deal in January of 2016.

Then less than three months later Sutter and Lombardi were fired. I don't know how much Robitaille's history with Brisson played in the Kopitar negotiations, but I do know there was some conversations between Brisson and Robitaille in 2016.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I know, I know the loser who built a team that won two Stanley Cups and went to the WCF three seasons in a row. ;)

I don't blame Kopitar. He is a great player, but the Kings never should have signed him for 8 years and $80 million. I thought it was odd that Dean said during the negotiations for Kopitar's third contract that he and Brisson were not even in the same ballpark when it came to money and the term. Kopitar signed the deal in January of 2016.

Then less than three months later Sutter and Lombardi were fired. I don't know how much Robitaille's history with Brisson played in the Kopitar negotiations, but I do know there was some conversations between Brisson and Robitaille in 2016.
I’d have zero negative things to say about Kopi if he’d have signed for $8.7M and Doughty for $7.9M

Can’t talk that no one has to be great shit if you want to be paid like the greats.

Reactions: KINGS17

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Good damn guys. How often are you just going to let that dude just camp out to the side of the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad