GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm game 2 Edmonton leads 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Honestly its sad he's missing out on this experience.
Its more sad the Kings are missing out not playing their best players. Lets not play an x factor in Clarke cause we have Englund scaring nobody. And thats nothing against Englund I like the player just fine.

Cant trade Roy when you are on the way to a cup. Maybe someone will make a compilation of all the goals scored against while Matt Roy is standing in front of the net covering no one. That video would be long enough to be a feature film.

Noone can lose their spot because of an injury so Grundstrom gets the green light. Hasnt played in months and Thomas was hot but it doesnt matter he isnt old enough.
Just same old bs no matter the coach so it all must be organizational philosophy from the top.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
What's the over/under betting line on the number of assists McDavid will get in tonight's game?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
1994-5 to 98-1999 were SUPER boring and full of all kinds of tragedy.

Ownership sold the team. New ownership put the team in bankruptcy.

Both ownership groups wound up serving jail time.

They traded Gretzky.

None of the prospects turned into anything. The team missed the playoffs all but 1998 where they suffered an unbelievable loss to St. Louis.... it's traumatic stuff.

the POSITIVES were that AEG bought the club which eventually lead to the golden years
On the plus side, Matt Johnson did break Nazarov's jaw which is a bigger victory than anything we've seen for several years now.

The team sucked for the most part but you still had rivalry games with bad blood. Now games against Anaheim and San Jose are easy to skip since they are like watching a high-skill, no-checking allowed beer league game.

What's the over/under betting line on the number of assists McDavid will get in tonight's game?
If it is a real bet, 2.5 or 3 seems to be where I would place it. Not sure if they would do 3 since they probably want the hook but 3.5 is too high...probably.

@Herby What say you?

Its more sad the Kings are missing out not playing their best players. Lets not play an x factor in Clarke cause we have Englund scaring nobody. And thats nothing against Englund I like the player just fine.

Cant trade Roy when you are on the way to a cup. Maybe someone will make a compilation of all the goals scored against while Matt Roy is standing in front of the net covering no one. That video would be long enough to be a feature film.

Noone can lose their spot because of an injury so Grundstrom gets the green light. Hasnt played in months and Thomas was hot but it doesnt matter he isnt old enough.
Just same old bs no matter the coach so it all must be organizational philosophy from the top.
You've got to throw a difference maker like Grundstrom back in for his first NHL game in months.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
On the plus side, Matt Johnson did break Nazarov's jaw which is a bigger victory than anything we've seen for several years now.

The team sucked for the most part but you still had rivalry games with bad blood. Now games against Anaheim and San Jose are easy to skip since they are like watching a high-skill, no-checking allowed beer league game.

If it is a real bet, 2.5 or 3 seems to be where I would place it. Not sure if they would do 3 since they probably want the hook but 3.5 is too high...probably.

@Herby What say you?

You've got to throw a difference maker like Grundstrom back in for his first NHL game in months.
I bet McDavid is going to change it up and get a hat trick tonight.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
The only thing I'm hoping for is that surely there's no way they could play any worse than in game 1.

You can spend as much time looking at video, looking at your mistakes, looking at what kind of mistakes the Oilers make, but none of that matters if there's no belief. I didn't see any belief that they would've won that game. Outside of the first 30 seconds, I don't think 1 player believed they were going to win that game.

You have to play with a purpose. They may have had 60+ hits in that game, but I think most of us would agree that there was no purpose in their hitting or even when they went into the post whistle scrums.

The mentality needs a major shift tonight because it was awful in the 1st game. Colorado and Nashville bounced back in a big way in their 2nd game, I can only hope we can do the same.

Huh?

Sure they could have won if the scored first, Skinner looks beatable.

Also got to reel in Hyman and watch the backdoors.

I would start Rittich but don't think Hiller will.

Playing physical is a purpose in itself, especially if the series goes on longer than it looks it may right now.

I would encourage them to remain physical but not lose assignments because of it.

Hit em as hard as legally possible especially McD, Crai and Hyman.

Almost feels like a must win , scary but anything can happen.

They had chances to score first and they need to.

It's time to leave it all on the Oinklers Ice.

• Haha
Reactions: chris kontos

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
This team is so spineless that I can’t even muster any excitement in watching them play in the playoffs.

It’s been a hell of a lot more fun watching other teams perform in the postseason. The Tampa Bay/Florida and Colorado/Winnipeg games were great entertainment.

Watching the Kings struggle to keep up with their opponents shows how rushed the rebuild was, and that they’re clearly still not ready to compete against the top teams.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Clarke has way too much creativity and personality to be part of the current LAK roster. It would be disruptive to a system that is designed to bore their opponents into submission. Honestly its sad he's missing out on this experience.
New Gm can bring a new coach and system

Reactions: AbsentMojo

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
1994-5 to 98-1999 were SUPER boring and full of all kinds of tragedy.

Ownership sold the team. New ownership put the team in bankruptcy.

Both ownership groups wound up serving jail time.

They traded Gretzky.

None of the prospects turned into anything. The team missed the playoffs all but 1998 where they suffered an unbelievable loss to St. Louis.... it's traumatic stuff.

the POSITIVES were that AEG bought the club which eventually lead to the golden years
Well when you say it that way yeah it sounds much worse and probably was.

But to sit through 10 years of rebuilding culminating with being walked 3 years in a row by the same opponent and looking worse and worse each consecutive year is.... rough. And a lot to ask of a fanbase.

I'd love nothing more than to eat these words in few weeks but it feels pretty unlikely.

Reactions: Master Yoda

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
New Gm can bring a new coach and system
Yup. It’s fitting that Blake is going to go down for the third straight year to the same team running the same flawed formation. I think due to the NHL not having as much of a spotlight as other sports has allowed employment of the most incompetent coaching I’ve ever seen. I guarantee you that 60-70 percent of this board can run the team better than Blake. I nominate RJ as head coach, Johnny Utah for 1 on 1 character development to make these boys into men, and Herby for drafting and player development.

I will take Daryl Evan’s job and interject every ten minutes into the broadcast about the temperature of the ice.

Reactions: tigermask48

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
1000004172.gif

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
No way. Ian Lapperriere had more balls that the entire 2024 Kings roster by himself.
What's great about Lappy is that he was much more of a pest than a tough guy and then a switch flipped and all of a sudden he's leading the league in fighting majors with 21 in 1999-00. Guy had 25 fights in his final season in 2010 and was taking slapshots in the face.

Still waiting for the switch to flip on this entire roster.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Thank you for bringing this topic up. The hot dogs at crypto suck, like I know arena food is known to be average but they are really bad. All the condiments on it couldn’t disguise the taste. Also, nope to the hot dog vendors outside. I can’t trust LA vendors even though they look and smell delicious.
But did they have veins in em?

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
This team is so spineless that I can’t even muster any excitement in watching them play in the playoffs.

It’s been a hell of a lot more fun watching other teams perform in the postseason. The Tampa Bay/Florida and Colorado/Winnipeg games were great entertainment.

Watching the Kings struggle to keep up with their opponents shows how rushed the rebuild was, and that they’re clearly still not ready to compete against the top teams.
Yep. Playoffs are how rivalries are supposed to start because things get violent. Thought we might actually have one with Edmonton after that home win in January of 2023, I believe, when the team actually stood up for one another. Of course, the guy standing up for Byfield was Durzi who is no longer here and one of the other guys doing things was Lemieux who is also gone.

We already know that the Kings will allow cheap shots and do nothing about it. Don't need to put out the laundry list of incidents against Kings players with no retribution again, but rest assured it is embarrassing.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
The ol' christmas sausage is headed our way a lttle early this year
Wonder if edmonton's gonna send sausage smokers as well

Last edited:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

Game 2 last night was extremely entertaining. Back and forth the entire game. Physical.

Chances on both sides. Both goalies coming up with highlight reel saves.

Everything you want in a playoff game.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Predict Kings outscore them 5x5 but lose due to PPGs from PLDingus penalties...brought to you by LAK Groundhog's Day Productions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad