GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm game 2 Edmonton leads 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
GL8QGOIbMAAG4h1

Los Angeles Kings(43-27-11, 99pts, 3rd in Pacific) vs Edmonton Oilers(49-27-6 104pts, 2nd in Pacific)
Rogers Place | Edmonton, AB
TIME: 7:00pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West/ TBS RADIO: I Heart Radio App

Regular Season Stats
35JKsVC.png

UqALUAP.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

6xGPYN5.png

rqsY5QV.png

YPHAtd4.png

uaLJ1fm.png

Scratches: Arthur Kaliyev, Jacob Moverare, Aaron Dell
Injuries: Phoenix Copley
Covid: N/A

:edmonton

uBbDjxW.png

M8ypE3M.png

V87e6Ta.png

Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I know everybody is down on the Kings right now, but I do expect a much better game today.

So many guys had their worst games all at the same time. That's unlikely to happen 2 games in a row.

(Every time I show faith in this team they make me look like a fool. I'm probably setting myself up for it again.)

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The only thing I'm hoping for is that surely there's no way they could play any worse than in game 1.

You can spend as much time looking at video, looking at your mistakes, looking at what kind of mistakes the Oilers make, but none of that matters if there's no belief. I didn't see any belief that they would've won that game. Outside of the first 30 seconds, I don't think 1 player believed they were going to win that game.

You have to play with a purpose. They may have had 60+ hits in that game, but I think most of us would agree that there was no purpose in their hitting or even when they went into the post whistle scrums.

The mentality needs a major shift tonight because it was awful in the 1st game. Colorado and Nashville bounced back in a big way in their 2nd game, I can only hope we can do the same.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I am probably going to watch the dvr'd Merseyside Derby and check the score of the Kings game on my phone.

Been a fan since 77, been my number one passion over the course of my entire life, but this organization is so damn depressing that I don't look forward to a goddam playoff game.

THAT is how poorly this team in managed.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that surely there's no way they could play any worse than in game 1.

You can spend as much time looking at video, looking at your mistakes, looking at what kind of mistakes the Oilers make, but none of that matters if there's no belief. I didn't see any belief that they would've won that game. Outside of the first 30 seconds, I don't think 1 player believed they were going to win that game.

You have to play with a purpose. They may have had 60+ hits in that game, but I think most of us would agree that there was no purpose in their hitting or even when they went into the post whistle scrums.

The mentality needs a major shift tonight because it was awful in the 1st game. Colorado and Nashville bounced back in a big way in their 2nd game, I can only hope we can do the same.
Mentality and leadership are the two biggest deficiencies of the team on-ice.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
To all of you who are expecting a better game today. I admire your short term memory. Kings have never improved against the oilers in recent history in the playoffs. They get bodied from game 1 to the last game. The only reasons they won last time was luck because they definitely weren't outplaying the oilers at any point of any series.

In short, get ready for therapy because the Kings are ready to hurt you again and you're saying "BUT HE'S CHANGED I FEEL IT"

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Mmm, sausage.
Thank you for bringing this topic up. The hot dogs at crypto suck, like I know arena food is known to be average but they are really bad. All the condiments on it couldn’t disguise the taste. Also, nope to the hot dog vendors outside. I can’t trust LA vendors even though they look and smell delicious.

• Haha
Reactions: kingsholygrail

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
28-5-3

That's the Oilers home record under Knoblauch.
shit

Thank you for bringing this topic up. The hot dogs at crypto suck, like I know arena food is known to be average but they are really bad. All the condiments on it couldn’t disguise the taste. Also, nope to the hot dog vendors outside. I can’t trust LA vendors even though they look and smell delicious.
Flew down for a game in Feb (against Edmonton of all teams). Was disappointed in the food at crypto in general.

Not expecting much, so won't be let down.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The only food I actually enjoyed at Crypto was the chicken fingers and corn bread on the smoke deck or at least what used to be the smoking area.

Reactions: Little Psycho

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Edmonton's PP% against us is so high that it doesn't really compute. My brain keeps thinking it's a PK%

The stat doesn't look right. It's unnatural.

Reactions: chris kontos

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
shit

Flew down for a game in Feb (against Edmonton of all teams). Was disappointed in the food at crypto in general.

Not expecting much, so won't be let down.
I made a mistake of going to a game straight from work so I was starving. The hot dogs were a let down so I wanted a pretzel which they were sold out so I got these pretzel bites which had some horrible glaze on it that tasted like cardboard and I was close to tears. Didn’t help that we were getting destroyed by Winnipeg but hey at least the box seats were free I guess

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I think they’ll cut down on the high danger chances against tonight. But, if Talbot is in the whole game, I’m expecting a loss.

Reactions: Surf Nutz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad