GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/1/24 Oilers lead 3-1

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
On one hand I want them to win because f*** the Oilers, but on the other a win would just delay the inevitable.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
There's a lot on Anze's shoulders tonight, and he needs to contribute. 3 points in the one win, none in the three loses. He HAS to show up tonight as both the best player and captain.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You should probably be preparing content for collapse of the current regime first
I leave that to Hoven.

Maybe one day I'll write about different development paths and reference decisions in this regime - but my focus and scope is with draft and prospects.

Early favorite who LA picks? Though, IF BLuc are still around I can see them trading their 1st again...
AS far as players likely to be available when the Kings pick? I'm a huge fan of Parascak. Smaller player (5'11) but plays a complete game like Bergeron. Incredibly smart.

Biggest concern is he needs to improve his skating to make up for his smaller stature.

Also filled in nicely for Ziemmer on Prince George while he was out with injury.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
You might be watching Drew Doughty's last game as an LA King.

I'm not saying it's likely, but there is a reasonable possibility.
And who is going to take 11 M Per for 3 more years

There's a lot on Anze's shoulders tonight, and he needs to contribute. 3 points in the one win, none in the three loses. He HAS to show up tonight as both the best player and captain.
Its not a 1 man show all the Kings's Horses and All the King's men need to show up and contribute

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
new jersey took on PK subban's corpse, signing bonuses and all. there's a lot of teams that would pay for doughty who still plays at a relatively high level and has "leadership" attributes

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I have a feeling I'm going to be busy with draft content after tonight.
If whoever the Kings GM is in a month goes full firesale... How deep are the next couple drafts? Is there one a year or two away that has deeper talent?

Seems like we've had a couple down-ish years outside of the usual top 5-10.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
pushed_in.jpg

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
And who is going to take 11 M Per for 3 more years

Its not a 1 man show all the Kings's Horses and All the King's men need to show up and contribute
Also you have to figure he would only accept a trade to very few teams. So some something like Doughty for Marner. Marner has one year left and then the Kings would have some cash off the books to fill out depth roles around whatever young guys cement their roles next year.
Or retain half salary for a first round pick, Minten and Reaves.
You arent really going to win a Doughty trade you are just clearing the salary sooner and sending the message that you are turning the page and its time for young guys to take charge.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
So LAK is on par with EDM 5x5.. who cares? The flaw in the Kings approach (a bunch of good but no great players) you wont have a top flight PP and your best stacked line will never equal a team like EDM or COL top line. So the Kings basically start off down a goal or 2 and have to significantly outscore EDM special teams while 5x5. Factor in that you have Fiala and PLD who take dumb pens frequently, and you are f***ed.

Statistically Speaking

— Reasons for optimism in LA: even strength data via Natural Stattrick

Shots For: LA – 107, EDM – 91
Goals For: LA – 10, EDM – 10
xGF: LA – 9.2, EDM – 8.5
Scoring Chances For: LA – 87, EDM – 85
High Danger Chances For: LA – 43, EDM – 45

Reactions: Steve Zissou

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
imagine the fact that Fiala started bad this season and he caught on fire with Moore and Danault finishing the second highest point producer. What does Hiller do? He puts in Arvidsson who hasn’t played all year with Moore and Danault and puts Fiala with f***ing Lewis.

Fiala needs to be on danault line

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
If whoever the Kings GM is in a month goes full firesale... How deep are the next couple drafts? Is there one a year or two away that has deeper talent?

Seems like we've had a couple down-ish years outside of the usual top 5-10.
I honestly can't say. I don't pay much attention to noise as far as sentiment of the draft. It's either as deep or 2003 or it's not, and I just don't find that particularly useful. Plus, I'm a believer you can still find and develop talent in any draft. So, I just tune it out. I'm sorry.

Reactions: tigermask48

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I honestly can't say. I don't pay much attention to noise as far as sentiment of the draft. It's either as deep or 2003 or it's not, and I just don't find that particularly useful. Plus, I'm a believer you can still find and develop talent in any draft. So, I just tune it out. I'm sorry.

There’s also evidence to suggest that the only reason the 2003 draft turned out so deep is because that entire class of prospects got an “extra” year of development during the lockout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad