Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

With Malinski, Meyers, and Tufte waived, and presumably Francouz going on LTIR there's $2.525m in capspace with a 21 man roster.

That's enough flexibility to add two, or even 3 (if Cogliano goes on IR) players on waivers.

Waiving Tufte could simply be for roster flexibility though rather than an indication that he's being sent down. But rolling with 6 D seems a low so there's surely something up there.

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
I wonder how much Meyers regrets choosing the Avs when he was the top college free agent with multiple teams chasing him. 😬
He may believe that, but the Avs have given him a ton of rope, plenty of NHL minutes, and Cogs/LOC/Malgin/Nieto are fine bottom 6 linemates. If anything he's gotten more run here than most young players would at a given team.

He needs to do things that help win games, most notably put the puck in the net. He doesn't do enough of that.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
For how bad McDermy is, his impact on the cap isn't as bad as Manson's contract is. NTC, constantly injured, and still three more years is bad.
Good chance we can just LTIR Manson till eternity. If he is barely fit, that's what we should consider doing and trade/sign someone else.

I am not saying do it now, BUT this guy needs to stay healthy now.. otherwise he will become cap dump.

Cant judge this team until probably late November. Hope they get together quick so the Avs dont stumble out the gate.
Hopefully better first half of the season than last year though

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I wonder how much Meyers regrets choosing the Avs when he was the top college free agent with multiple teams chasing him. 😬

Maybe he could have chosen arizona and pot in 35 points with prime mins but he'd probably get waived anyways just like Boyd.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He may believe that, but the Avs have given him a ton of rope, plenty of NHL minutes, and Cogs/LOC/Malgin/Nieto are fine bottom 6 linemates. If anything he's gotten more run here than most young players would at a given team.

He needs to do things that help win games, most notably put the puck in the net. He doesn't do enough of that.

Of all the times we complain guys need this or that shot lol. Meyers got to the other side of the line. Definitely over cooked that one.

I'm sad Foudy wasn't ready for camp, but that's what I get for having hope in a prospect that isn't a Generational talent. f*** me lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad