2023-24 Ted Lindsay Award finalists: Nikita Kucherov, Nathan MacKinnon, Auston Matthews

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
I'm a Leaf fan so, if anything, I'm biased in his favour. He simply does not belong there.
You’re right man.

-69 goals, 10+ more than the next player (most in 30 years)

-Nominated for Selke (has a rocket winner ever been nominated/won a Selke?)

-Nominated for Byng

Legitimately one of the greatest regular seasons of our time.

Reactions: Bronxxx

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
You’re right man.

-69 goals, 10+ more than the next player (most in 30 years)

-Nominated for Selke (has a rocket winner ever been nominated/won a Selke?)

-Nominated for Byng

Legitimately one of the greatest regular seasons of our time.
You are obviously a bigger fan than me. I guess I'm tainted by this disappearance EVERY YEAR when the going gets tough.

Say that to an NHLer that voted for him.

Leaf fan or not…your opinion means a lot less to me than a player.
Maybe not - you actually felt the need to respond and tell me my opinion does not matter so... :rolleyes:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
You are obviously a bigger fan than me. I guess I'm tainted by this disappearance EVERY YEAR when the going gets tough.

Maybe not - you actually felt the need to respond and tell me my opinion does not matter so... :rolleyes:
Bro such a great regular season player!

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
More like 7. Liut and Mario should not have won in '81 or '86, but there's a good argument for every other season that he didn't win whether you agree with it or not.
Agreed. Gretzky almost certainly should have won in 1981 and 1986 (which would have given him seven Lindsay/Pearson trophies). I would have voted for him in 1980, but there are valid arguments for Dionne (and perhaps a few others). A case can be made for Gretzky in 1989 and 1991 as well.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Mackinnon is the obvious pick in both with Kuch having one of the alltime great runner up seasons. Even though Mcdavid is the best player in the league. Scoring 7 goals is more impressive than getting 10 assists.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I get all the Leafs hate but Matthews scoring the most goals we've seen since 2008 is worthy of a Lindsay nom IMHO. That stands out to players in a huge way. I've got no issue with him getting some love here.

MacK wins the Hart, Kuch wins the Lindsday. It's settled science folks

Reactions: Mitch nylander

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
I didn’t say your opinion doesn’t matter.

I said that the guys that played with, and against Matthews this season have stated their opinions, and those opinions mean more to me.

But go ahead and roll your eyes all you want.

I also suggested you find an NHLer and tell him your opinion on this.

You’ll get a real eye roll lol

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I didn’t say your opinion doesn’t matter.

I said that the guys that played with, and against Matthews this season have stated their opinions, and those opinions mean more to me.

But go ahead and roll your eyes all you want.

I also suggested you find an NHLer and tell him your opinion on this.

You’ll get a real eye roll lol
O.K.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
100 assists is objectively harder to get than 69 goals.
The goals are obviously harder.

And if you want say "objectively". The Oilers scored 292 goals and were awarded 507 assist which means for every 69 goals they scored 120 assists were handed out.

69 goals is much harder to do 😂

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
The goals are obviously harder.

And if you want say "objectively". The Oilers scored 292 goals and were awarded 507 assist which means for every 69 goals they scored 120 assists were handed out.

69 goals is much harder to do 😂
Not if you use the whole history of the NHL as a sample size for your comparison. Much more players scored 69 goals than the ones who got 100 assists (and more often too).

Reactions: dukeofjive

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I mean it’s an award voted on at the end of the regular season so playoffs aren’t considered. I think Matthews had a great regular season and is deserving of a nomination even though he won’t likely win.
His playoff performance is what ranks him below the other top 4 forwards in the league imo when ranking who is the best player.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I get all the Leafs hate but Matthews scoring the most goals we've seen since 2008 is worthy of a Lindsay nom IMHO. That stands out to players in a huge way. I've got no issue with him getting some love here.

MacK wins the Hart, Kuch wins the Lindsday. It's settled science folks
Definitely, the votes are in, but the results haven't been released yet.

I mean it’s an award voted on at the end of the regular season so playoffs aren’t considered. I think Matthews had a great regular season and is deserving of a nomination even though he won’t likely win.
His playoff performance is what ranks him below the other top 4 forwards in the league imo when ranking who is the best player.
Most of the awards are just that. All the nominees have had great regular seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad